• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowells Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowells Solicitors

There's probably a few posts on this but just wanted some advice.

I have received a letter from Lowell solicitors that claims i owe about £800 to O2 from a contract in 2009/2010.

I've moved house a couple of times so this is the first I know about it but lowells claim they have a CCJ for the amount and are demanding payment of £50 a month.

Another forum I saw recommended writing to them to ask for proof of the CCA and send a £1 postal order which I did, however i just received a response saying that as the case has been to court and the court were satisfied they have no burden to prove the CCA. As I wasn't aware of the original case and have no recollection of the debt I'm not sure what to do. I am currently a full time university student so funds are tight.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowells Solicitors

Set Aside Application

suggest you work on getting it set aside , await others to advise on this

Comment

The court aren't satisfied of anything, the case was ''won'' by them in default as you did not receive the claim form. The first thing you want to do is find out about the claim, when it was brought against you, at what address etc. I'd recommend giving Northampton County Court business centre a call with the claim number ( if you have it off one of Lowell's letters? ) and ask if they can send you the claim and the judgment order. Then you can have a look at possibly applying to set aside the judgment.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi many thanks for this. I'm trying to call them but every number listed online seems to be dead or out of service. Is it the bulk centre as opposed to the county court? I'm trying the bulk centre

Comment

Contact Northampton County Court Business Centre

General enquiries

Northampton County Court Business Centre
          St Katharine's House
          21-27 St Katharine's Street

Northampton
          Northamptonshire
          NN1 2LH

Telephone0300 123 1056

Phone numbers

County Court Business Centre (CCBC):
          0300 123 1056
          01604 619 400

Money Claim Online (MCOL):
          0300 123 1057
          01604 619 402

Telephone01604 619 400

Comment

tried those along with a few others but all dead

Comment

I've finally managed to get through to the court after the phones have been down, they have advised I can apply to get it set aside for £255 and may not be able to claim the costs back. What is your experience with this? will I be able to claim back from Lowells? will the talk of them possibly paying the £255 fee put them off all together? It's only a £800 debt they're trying to claim

Comment

let somebody else answer that one as unsure

Comment

Originally posted by leedsgd View Post
                  I've finally managed to get through to the court after the phones have been down, they have advised I can apply to get it set aside for £255 and may not be able to claim the costs back. What is your experience with this? will I be able to claim back from Lowells? will the talk of them possibly paying the £255 fee put them off all together? It's only a £800 debt they're trying to claim
                  Have you checked the Registry Trust (trust online) this hold the record of all judgement, there's a small charge for each address searched?
                  This O2 account was this for communication services only or was phone purchase included on a CCA 1974 regulated agreement? If this was only service it was not regulated.

nem

Comment

Thanks all, I'm not aware of the original contract so unsure as to the details. I've applied to set aside the case and for financial help with fees as I'm in full time education. I spoke to Lowells to tell them this the person I spoke to then said she would go and see if they had a copy of the credit agreement to send me. When she returned she then informed me that as it was a telecommunications contract they were not obliged to provide one, to me that translated as they don't have one. They have put the account on hold for 30 days so I will wait to hear from the court

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X