• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Annual statements and heft discount offer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual statements and heft discount offer

Your know me, never one to over think or even over react

Today I received something like 6 years worth of annual statements of account for a rather large debt along with a nice generous discount offer.

I do not subscribe to the theory of a discount offer means a problem for them although I am only too aware of some problems they may have

Anyway , this comes up for SB sometime in mid 2018 and I am wondering if this may be a prelude to a LBA and potentially a court claim

I already have a S77 request that is not only incomplete but quite possibly a complete fabrication even though it does have my signature on it

I am not even sure if the OC even operate in the UK any longer so would not know where to send a SAR to if needed.

One last question

Does a correctly executed agreement need to include the date it was executed so in my example I signed on date x, they signed on date y but they are saying it was executed on date z
    Tags: None

Re: Annual statements and heft discount offer

If they are sending you statements for the last 6 years then it does sound like they are getting ready to evidence the debt with a view to making a claim - particularly if you're coming up on SB in the next 6 months or so.

Who is the OC and who's sending you the docs now?

The S77 being incomplete should thwart them - what's missing ? did it come from the DCA or the OC ? Is it pre2007 ? Are they actually saying executed on x date, or opened/started etc ?

I agree with you that a discount doesn't mean they know they have problems, in my book it is more likely to mean see what they can get out of you to profit on their 10% before the hassle/cost/effort of pre-action & court etc. Particularly if they already know you're a bit of a narky bugger who is likely to challenge everything.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

When you say hefty in terms of % reduction are we talking close to 90?
      Also if you pay will it show on your credit file as part satisfied and is that detrimental or has it already fallen off your CF?

Comment

You've got to decide whether to stick or twist!

If you think (or know) that you owe it and they are offering you a good deal, then you might take it subject to affordability.

On the other hand, why are they sending you all the documents and also being generous at the same time? These companies don't shirk from taking people to court for small debts, so a big one is certainly worth chasing.

Personally, I think it's always worth waiting until you get a letter before action, because at that point you know whether they are really serious.

I had several large debts and totally toughed it out. They are arguably SB now, although if the BMW-v-Hart scenario was applied, they would not become SB for around another month. Nevertheless, if one of the debt purchase companies was intent on doing something I should certainly have had an LBA before now. Even if they sent one today, the debt would fall SB within the 30 day period in any event.

Are you a gambler?

Comment

To answer just a few questions

It would be fast track but the offer is now under 4k

The statements say agreement start date which is after signatures but before receipt of funds.

Am I a gambler - not a good question to ask but as Amethyst will testify I'm an awkward sod.

There is no possibility of it showing on my credit file

The cca request came from the dca

Let's just say the credit and direct debit are to a different company than listed on the cca request but there is a connection however I do remember the angry phone calls started with name a and later changed to name b

Sorry to be so cryptic

Odd thing is, some of the statements are duplicates as they sent them in the past.

They won't get money out of me except over my BR body

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X