• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Marbles Credit card offer....

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marbles Credit card offer....

    Trying to reclaim some credit card charges (Marbles credit card), just over 500 including interest. HFC said no way so went to FOS who have written to me with an offer of 1.91 taking into account 407 which was written off due to an IVA being in place at the time. We have never had an IVA, we did pay off the credit card early and got an early settlement figure which was about 300 under what was owed at the time. Can anyone help me out here?

    Just had a look at the statements they sent me When I settled this account they gave me an early settlement figure which was 324.25 less than what was owed, it seems HFC have added interest to this figure upto June 2005, six months after this account was closed, making a total of 407.68??
    Last edited by ruby15; 9th July 2009, 09:22:AM.

  • #2
    Re: Marbles Credit card offer....

    Well Ruby it would seem to me that if you settled with them for 324 less than you actually owed, then they will be a bit unhappy about you reclaiming the charges. Tbh, if thats the case, you didn't actually pay the charges anyway (or at least not all of them) so can't see that you would have a case for reclaiming them, really.
    Is no longer here


    • #3
      Re: Marbles Credit card offer....

      i've been in this situation with Marbles and this is something they seem to do.



      No announcement yet.

      upgrade to vip

      Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

      only £15/yr

      Offers available. No subscription traps.

      sign up now

      Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

      make a complaint