• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

C1 Debt sold to Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C1 Debt sold to Lowell

Hi, a friend (on severe disability) has been sent a letter from Cap One saying they have sold her debt to Lowell Financial Ltd for an alleged credit card debt of £3514.04 (31/05/18).

My friend does admit using the credit card but is adamant she DID NOT sign any forms (credit agreement) however, I am sure this can not be the case, she insists she hasn't.

Apparently, she started off with a limit of £150.00 which she paid through an exes bank account every month, and even though always being on benefits they increased this allowance up-to £2500.00. My friend and her ex split and she missed all payments after that. So I assume the extra amount is charges? She thinks her last payment through the exes account was 3 years ago?

So I was wondering;

1) Is it at all possible she is correct that she has not physically signed a credit agreement?

2) If C1 has issued her with a credit card to spend over £3000.00 (without a physical signature) - is this their mistake? therefore they have "sold" the debt to Lowell as they know they legally are not in a position to insist my friend owes the debt?

3) If my friend has indeed signed a credit agreement, due to mental health disabilities can she get some legal advice/support. I cannot see how she can pay this amount back on her benefits.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

CCA Request send this off with £1 .00 Postal Order to Capital one Recorded delivery and see what they come up wih? they have 12+2 days to supply or else it is unenforceable until they do, when did she take it out? on line or postal response.

A SAR request to Capital one would help they will have 30 days to respond that would give us info maybe? Subject Access Request Letter do not send £10.00 as from 25th May it is a free request

Comment

Thanks Mike, I'll do that on her behalf. I did ask when she got the credit card but her memory is not great, she seems to think around 5 years ago (?) but she said her ex did the application online for her (with her consent) as she struggles with any fine motor skills.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X