• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help required Reclaiming unfair charges from Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help required Reclaiming unfair charges from Barclaycard

Keep it polite and low-key, but personally, I would be inclined to mention summat like: "Barclays recently admitted fraudulent conduct does not put them in a favourable light when it comes to assessing - on the balance of probability - which of two conflicting accounts is more likely to be correct."

Comment

Thanks Bill, still got no laptop, brother has borrowed me his iPad, nice bit of kit, lol, I'm writing to them today, I will keep things very polite but wil mention that Barclays admitted fraud recently and could they look at my pip claim again, I'll then mention the points you raised.
      thanks

Comment

Hi guys,
        Got a result on one ppi claim from Barclay card, £837 off my bill which is great news, not sure how they came to that figure by good news, pitty ill never see any of it but its knocks a nice amount off the bill.
        Thanks

Comment

Congrats and well done Emma !!! You can check their offer figure against your own estimate if you have sufficient data, but it can involve a lot of work with calculations. If you can use Excel spreadsheets, then the one attached might help with this.
          Attached Files

Comment

I havent got all the data Bill, they say they worked it out on the basis of the last statement they had for me and worked back.
            thanks

Comment

Got a knock back from Barclaycard for 2 or my 3 claim about unfair charges,(not the ppi claims) anywhere I can go with this now?
              Thanks

Comment

It looks like they have stimated your PPI refund from just one statement, then. It's up to you, but I think you have a right to know exactly how they arrived at this estimate, so that you can make an informed decision as to whether you consider their offer to be acceptable. I'd be happy to try and help with that, Emma.

Regarding the penalty/default charges, this is now quite a difficult area. If the charges were £12 or less, then the lenders generally will refuse refunds on the basis that the FSA (or was it OFT ?) considered more than £12 to be unreasonable. Lenders have taken this to mean that the £12 or less is reasonable - even though this was not the case. If the accounts concerned had PPI on them, which was mis-sold, then it may be possible to have some of the penalties refunded where they would not have been made if the PPI had not been sold.

Comment

Thanks Bill.
                  Got another result with BC today, which was previously an egg card, they say im entitled to £3k back for that one and upheld my complaint.:tung:
                  again wont see a penny of it but it nearly clears the whole account, another result and one more credit card provider off my back.

Not sure what to do with regards to the charges one to be honest, reading around the net it maybe hopeless but think ill write and ask them to reconsider or at least explain and breakdown how they come to £12 charge to see if its fair or not. worth a shot.
                  Thanks

Comment

Well done and congrats for that £3K refund, Emma.

As regards the penalties, I agree - it's worth pestering them a few times, as they may make an 'ex gratia' offer just to get you off their back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X