• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard Late and Overlimit Fees - Result!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Late and Overlimit Fees - Result!

After simply sending an online secure message to Barclaycard, they recently wrote to me explaining that they have refunded all overlimit/late fees going back 6 years, including a detailed breakdown of how they have calculated the sum involved - all in all, it came to more than £150.00!
    Is this a sign that they have adopted a blanked (soft) approach to such requests, and that others may follow suit?
    I noticed recently on a TV ad that a claims company has added late and overlimit fees to their usual PPI.:tea:
    Tags: None

Re: Barclaycard Late and Overlimit Fees - Result!

Hi Supermac9

Was that the full amount for each charge or the amount less £12

Comment

Hi Turboman,
      Sorry for not replying.
      The refund was for the full amount - £12 a time + interest.
      To add to the story, they have since done the same for my wife's card - another £150+ off the amount we owe them.
      We are getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by supermac9 View Post
        Hi Turboman,
        Sorry for not replying.
        The refund was for the full amount - £12 a time + interest.
        To add to the story, they have since done the same for my wife's card - another £150+ off the amount we owe them.
        We are getting there.

Thanks Supermac---well done

I got the full amount incl the £12

I'm disputing the way they have calculated the Contractual Interest---have sent E-Mail asking for a copy of their actual calculation methods.

Tutbs

Comment

so - new to this - can you go back only six years or forever? (have had bcard for yonks - more than 15 years).
          also - what is PPI and how do I reclaim that (I know I was paying it for a while because I noticed it on my card balance about 9 months ago and cancelled it. Can I reclaim any or all PPI and how do you do this?

Comment

Same subject, but different approach from Barclaycard, including a special trick by them to charge a fee when they really shouldn't.
            Last month the direct debit for my Barclaycard account was returned (I made an online debit card payment within a couple of days) - this prompted late and returned direct debit fees, £24 in total - I have tried the usual online messages to get them but they are digging in. I'll threaten them with the FOS (the 'bankers friend').
            However, the best bit is how they recorded the unpaid DD - they recorded the unpaid bit first, which added around £180 to the balance and which took my account over the credit limit, and they then recorded the payment, which took the balance back to where it was in the first place - they then charged me an overlimit fee of £12.00! I have pointed out the fault with this, but again they have knocked me back.
            I have asked them if their latest letter is their final answer - if so, FOS is next on the list.

Comment

Was the online payment made within the due date ie the date that payment should be received?
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi Leclerc, no the online payment was made after the direct debit date (by several days).
                Having said that, after some persistent complaining, Barclaycard have (not for the first time) refunded the £36 that they took off me, so I'm happy again.

Comment

Latest involvement with my friends at Barclaycard are as follows:
                  Me: I paid my bill 1 day late, can I have the £12 late payment fee refunded please?
                  BC : No
                  Me: Is this your final response? If so, I'll refer this to the FOS
                  BC: Although we think our charges are fair, here's your £12 back
                  How easy was that!

Comment

A further update, and an indication to me that Barclaycard are going soft!
                    Different account (I really must try harder to keep on top of things) - unpaid direct debit (£12 fee), paid by debit card a couple of days later (before statement produced), overlimit fee (£12) applied, despite the fact that the unpaid direct debit fee had taken my account over the limit (after interest had been applied when the statement was produced).
                    Outcome - after complaining and threatening them with the FOS, they refunded both fees and are giving me a month's worth of zero interest.
                    Needless to say I'm beginning to like the online customer services people at Barclaycard!

Comment

Another update about my friends at Barclaycard.
                      Their latest attempt to deflect requests for refund of fees is to say that they can't deal with such matters online and that I would receive a letter - I think (I know!) they are simply trying to slow the process down and put people off, but it didn't work with me.
                      I asked them why they would deal with such matters online in October, but not in November - they tried the same 'you will get a letter in 7-10 days' routine, but I persisted with my questions, one of which asked if they are suggesting that the online messaging system is no longer secure, hence responses by letter. They never did answer this (apart from saying I would get a letter etc...).
                      Eventually they relented and told me I wouldn't be getting any more fees back - I asked them if this was their final response so I could then refer it to the FOS, at which point they tried to ring me (I missed their call) and subsequently sent an online message saying they were going to refund the fees, but never again etc..
                      Moral of the story - be persistent, don't just accept what they say, and keep asking questions using the online system (I think the most recent thread had 18 separate messages to/from Barclaycard!)

Comment

Loving your persistence!! :beagle:

Well done xx
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X