• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Monument Credit Card Cheque Recieved

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monument Credit Card Cheque Recieved

Hi guys.

I had a credit card from monument back in 2006 which i did not pay off and went on until it disappeared from my credit file as i made no contact and the 6 years past since last payment made.

Today I received a letter from monument stating

Further to your recent contact with our customer service department, please find a cheque enclosed for the outstanding credit balance of your Monument visa credit card account as requested.

it has a cheque of some 300 odd amount attached to it.

Just wanted to know if that is legit as I never contacted them at all and this letter came out of the blue.
    I wonder how they have my present address as I have been out of contact with them for last 11 years.

Please let me know if it is legit or a trap to make me accept a statute barred debt again.

Tags: None

No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm