• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

marlin europe 1 ltd - marks and spencer credit card and reserve account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: marlin europe 1 ltd - marks and spencer credit card and reserve account

Originally posted by pushbike View Post
    Hi
    I now have only 7 days left to prepare a defence with no documents produced yet by Weightmans or put an application together both of which I have no idea where to start . Can anyone out there tell me how to start it or help me get the ball rolling please

Thanks
    i am working remotely tomorrow, i will give you a shout tomorrow during the day to go over this with you and how to move the matter forward. Dont panic
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pushbike View Post
      Hi
      I now have only 7 days left to prepare a defence with no documents produced yet by Weightmans or put an application together both of which I have no idea where to start . Can anyone out there tell me how to start it or help me get the ball rolling please

Thanks
      I can do no better than to re-quote what PlanB said above:

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
      Hello Pushbike. I would take Paul up on his offer to get stuck in
      Paul :yo: won the case for Mayhew (PlanB) who had a storecard turned credit card, the same kind of product you have on your M&S card. He also assessed this poster's M&S agreement and once said it was a 'Mayhew Clone' because it was also transformed to a credit card without a new agreement being sent to sign:
      Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
      Paul has seen the application form M&S sent and has assessed this case. He is the lawyer who kindly wrote a reply to Pre Legal Recoveries. I will use him if need be unless he has changed his mind about my case.
      Implications for M&S
      Santander's defeat could affect food and clothes retailer Marks & Spencer.

Its card business, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of HSBC bank, had instigated a wholesale conversion of 2.6 million of its store cards to credit cards in September 2003.
      By October that year, the OFT had taken a dim view of this as well.

Marks & Spencer, like GE Capital, had been telling its store-cardholders that their cards would be upgraded to credit cards automatically.

M&S was forced to step back, and to make clear to customers that if they wanted to keep their store card, they could simply ignore the new bit of plastic that had fallen, uninvited, through their letter box.

On the specific point at issue in Diana Mayhew's case, M&S declined to say whether it had supplied all its cardholders with updated terms and conditions at the time of the upgrade.
      How many of these upgraded cards are still in circulation?
      Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17670803

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
        i am working remotely tomorrow, i will give you a shout
        It seems you'll be getting a call from 'Planet PT' tomorrow

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X