• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 75 purchase Please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 75 purchase Please help!

Hi everyone

I need some help and advice on the following issue.

I purchased a car for £4000 and paid on two credit cards and a debit card, I paid £250 on Credit Card 1, and £750 on Credit Card 2 and the rest on a debit card. Later on there was a fault on the car and I claimed under section 75 for misrepresentation. Credit Card 1 quickly provided me a settlement, saying they would pay their percentage of the liability for the repair, based on the amount I paid for with their credit card.

I accepted this settlement from Credit Card 1 which was a part amount for the repair, expecting Credit Card 2 to repay the rest but then later on it turned out that the repair cost was much higher, I still have to settle with Credit Card 2 who want to know how Credit Card 1 calculated their settlement. I suspect they want me to to accept a percentage liability for the repair based on the amount I used to pay for with their card. This means I won't be able to get the full repair cost back.

Credit Card Company 2 is trying to get me to accept a small amount towards the repair based on a percentage of their liability.
    Can I claim for the whole amount of the transaction from Credit Card 2?

Please help! What are my rights? Thanks

Chris
    Tags: None

Re: Section 75 purchase Please help!

Either card (not the debit) should have paid in full, it would then be up to the creditor to recover monies from either of the other parties You will have to play hardball with the second credit card company IMO, I would tel them that unless the pay the difference I would be returning the cash to cc1 and claiming the whole sum from them. See what they say.

Comment

Re: Section 75 purchase Please help!

Hi

With a faulty car that does not conform to contract can the claimant claim from the credit card company the full purchase cost of the car or just enough to cover the repairs?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X