• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AMEX - monthly charge on my credit card - HELP.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMEX - monthly charge on my credit card - HELP.

AMEX - monthly charge on my credit card

Hi to all,
    hopefully someone can give me some advice!

As title says, i have had this charge taken from my blue amex credit card for a long time, well since i took on the credit card and not really understanding what its for,
    Its called AMERICAN EXPRESS INSURANCE SERVICES, it appears on my monthly statements from july 2007 costing £16.00 a month.
    Then in may 2010 the cost went to £16.80 a month up until present.

I know some of you would say why have you left it this long to find and so on but i wasn't really 1 for studying my statements often , i just open them up and went straight into binder. hence im only now starting to proceed with PPI on other cards lol.

anyway basically i'd like to know if this is amex's version of payment protection insurance, or if anyone has any info or dealt with this on their credit cards and maybe what actions to take like CCA Them and SARThem also to find out what this payment is for.

Any help greatly appreciated. MB.
    Tags: None

Re: AMEX - monthly charge on my credit card - HELP.

Have you rung them up and simply asked them the question?
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

hi, no not yet, as i was waiting to see if i could get an idea of what it might be so i could compare to what they might tell me.

Comment

Mab, first thing I would say is use the KISS principle which is Keep It Simple Stupid. Act dumb with them and say that you have something on your credit card that you do not recognise and you need them to explain what it is. If they say it is PPI and perhaps there might be a claim to be made then bingo, the stupid approach has worked(if you have read much of shakespeare you will work out that the fool is more wiser than most of them because he gets more information by playing the fool ).

Comment

hi.
          just and update about this charge on my amex card.

phoned amex this morn , they say its a life insurance policy and thru a company called Cigna. I am now waiting on a return call from cigna to explain everything about this as amex told they cant tell me much more about it.
          Last edited by mab177; 24th January 2013, 15:02:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mab177 View Post
            hi.
            just and update about this charge on my amex card.

phoned amex this morn , they say its a life insurance policy and thru a company called Cigna. I am now waiting on a return call from cigna to explain everything about this as amex told they cant tell me much more about it.
            Update.

Received the call back from a chap at Cigna Insurance services, the Information he gave me was it was a marketing call and it was a verbal agreement made over the telephone and then the policy Doc's were sent out to in the post.

I asked if there were a recording of the telephone call , his answer was No there wont be one. I asked if there was a any sort of agreement Documents i have Signed to accept the policy , answer No as it was a verbal agreement.

He then went on to mention that the policy payments are usually collected by DD but i chose to pay it through the amex card.(Coincidence Amex and Cigna work together)

finally he said , that i need to write to them to enquire further on this info i asked during the phone call.

what do you expert people suggest on this , is it worth pursuing , could there possibly be a claim,
            any suggestions to letter i should send, and so on.

I Would appreciate any help and comments , Thanks, MAB.

Comment

Any advice please!!

Comment

I would firstly suggest cancelling the payment from your credit card and then write to CIGNA with a formal complaint that they have been taking sums of money for a life insurance policy that you did not know about nor did you want. If you have separate cover ie life insurance through work or privately then that would be useful. I would be asking for all premiums paid to be returned to you on the basis that it was missold to you. However, if they have already got your Credit card number, then clearly someone gave that to them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X