• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 75 yes or no?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Section 75 yes or no?

UPDATE.This matter is now concluded.£1674.99 cleared funds back into CC account this morning.Thanks again to all for advice/support.
    Redletter.

I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair - I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires.......(Darren Hayes/Savage Garden)

"Get up at 6 face another day another red letter in the mail-already taken my TV away-whatever I earn there's always more to pay.....Gotta turn these rags to riches turn the pennies into pounds cos right now all my days are bitches and I'm tired of being down!." Copyright Change! (Redletter 2006).

Comment

Thanks for giving us the final result (many don't). And well done.

D

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        To be fair, it should be said that Trading Standards are always happy to come out and go through this sort of thing with businesses. They can be an enormous help.
        True, but as i said people setting up business are not going to be aware of trading standards offer, when its not promoted to new businesses. So only way new businesses find out is by doing research, but their main aim is to get trading as soon as possible, so the research is only basic in the vast majority of cases.

Originally posted by Redletter View Post
        Hi everyone.
        Update as promised.
        Received this today after sending the light back yesterday....

"Just to confirm I received the light this afternoon in expectable condition so thank you for that and a full refund has been forwarded for you via the card you made payment with."

Thanks to all for advice and support I will update when the money appears back in my account!
        Please you finally got the matter sorted out.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
          True, but as i said people setting up business are not going to be aware of trading standards offer, when its not promoted to new businesses. So only way new businesses find out is by doing research, but their main aim is to get trading as soon as possible, so the research is only basic in the vast majority
          I would hope that this would not be regarded as a valid excuse for not complying with consumer protection guidelines/ legislation.

D

Comment

Thanks TB2.No problem Davyb Thanks again. That's 1 problem dealt with now I have another!As I could no longer afford the original project I opted to buy a cheaper aquarium which comes as a kit.However, upon inspection I found several quality issues and have emailed a request for a return/refund.The supplier has emailed a response to my request as follows:HiWe are sorry you are not happy with the aquarium and there is no problem* in returning the aquarium. The aquarium will be pick up Thursday 18/10/2012 between 8am and 6pm The aquarium*must be in* original condition and packaging, Also the pallet must be re wrapped with the wrapping and bubble wrap ie non of the aquarium or base should be exposed to air. In other words it must be sent back packaged exactly how it was sent to yourself.RegardsSupplier.However, the driver was alone and myself and a colleague had to help him unload the wagon. There were 2 boxes on the pallet, each in excess of 25kg and labelled as a "2 man lift". As such it was necessary remove the boxes from the pallet and the pallet was left on the wagon.They also said they would pick it up on 18/10/12 but this was inconvenient so I emailed and told them and haven't heard anything since.
            Redletter.

I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair - I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires.......(Darren Hayes/Savage Garden)

"Get up at 6 face another day another red letter in the mail-already taken my TV away-whatever I earn there's always more to pay.....Gotta turn these rags to riches turn the pennies into pounds cos right now all my days are bitches and I'm tired of being down!." Copyright Change! (Redletter 2006).

Comment

I have told them which days we can be available and have also told them they will need to send 2 men this time as my partner won't be able to help carry the boxes.
              Redletter.

Comment

Originally posted by davyb View Post
                I would hope that this would not be regarded as a valid excuse for not complying with consumer protection guidelines/ legislation.

D
                My comment was based on a simple fact that neither trading standards nor any other similar organization promote there offer of any such advisory service to new start up companies, even business link is minimal in the advise available. It is only small enterprise companies that tend to provide any service and that is just basic i.e. business plan, VAT, National Insurance etc. Not legislation or regulations since they are not legally qualified.

I started up my company originally in 2009 and to this very day i have not had any such offers made to my company from any organization - i wasn't even aware trading standards offered such help, if i had, i would have sought it from them instead of spending months researching with no income coming in. How are people suppose to know they offer such help, if the offer is not made to people starting up companies? What you seem to fail to realize davyb is that most start up companies are small single or 2 person(s) businesses, whom like the ordinary public are ignorant or unaware of the law and regulations. Not only that they simply do not have the finances to employ advisers. When you start a business the aim is to get it up and running at limited cost and as soon as possible and to mainly make a profit as soon as possible for must people. That's the basic simple mistake most make, purely because that is their reason for starting a business - To make a profit as soon as possible without spending a fortune from their working capital in the process of just opening up shop. Its just like when you go to work your main reason for going to work, is profit (wages) without spending a fortune getting to work on travel expenses.

Not only that, but do people search the law on employment before they start their first job? No the vast majority do not! The same applies when those same employees decide to leave employment and start their own business.

So no its not an EXCUSE, but a simple basic FACT!! Prove of which is in this very thread, as clearly the seller that sold to Redletter wasn't fully aware of the regulations until Redletter made a point of it and the seller confirmed it with his solicitor. Was the seller offered any advise from Trading standards or any other organization? Clearly not. Had the seller done enough research before starting to trade? No clearly not. Thereby proving my point.

Not only that, as per the links that Redletter posted earlier in the thread - If the big companies can not get it right then how the hell are the smaller ones whom look at the how big companies do thing as part of their research suppose to get it right?
                Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Well here we go again! Just got this....

Dear Mr Brown,
                  Not a problem picking up the aquarium set next Tuesday or Thursday ,the time will be between 8am to 6pm, as*the courier cannot state a precise time.*However as previously stated the aquarium set must be sent back exactly how it was delivered on a pallet.* It is your responsibility to obtain a pallet and re wrap the aquarium set in the same*way it was delivered to you, as stated on our delivery page it is delivered to the address and not inside your house.**No courier will accept a glass tank of that size unless it is secure on a pallet, that would be much to dangerous.
                  When we receive the aquarium set back to us in the same condition as received, we will refund your Internet sale, under our 14 days no quibble return*policy . In this instance we will refund your whole Internet cost including delivery and will also cover the return delivery cost*without supplemental incidences.
                  Please inform us which day Tuesday 23/10 or Thursday 25/10 you would like the tank picked up.
                  Regards
                  Redletter.

Comment

Seems to be reasonable the seller will refund the cost and delivery and collection charges on refund and is asking that the goods are returned in original packing safely secured on a pallet and asking when it can be collected,lookslike the OP is making demands such as 2 people shoukd be sent to collect never seen 2 couriers from the most commonly seen companies as regards packing the courier would refuse the load if it was not packed and secured properly why should they after all once he signs for the goods on collection he is responsible does the OP expect a courier to carry goods that may quiet easily be damaged on the journey NO.
                    I can see many more posts on this thread if the OP. has the collection refused on the grounds that the package was unsafe to handle he seems to want confrontation with internet traders prove me wrong?

Comment

UPDATE:

The supplier arranged for 2 people to collect the aquarium set.
                      They turned up in a MK1 Vauxhall Zaffira!
                      Turns out these cars are a bit of a tardis- they managed to just about squeeze it in WITHOUT the packaging as it wouldn't fit!
                      The box went in flat on top.
                      They signed an itemised list to confirm all items present and correct and confirmed that my liability ended upon collection.
                      Redletter.

Comment

Got this today....

Dear Redletter
                        Your refund has been processed and should show on you bank/creditcard account over the next three days, it varys depending on the account you pay with.

Regards
                        Supplier.

I will update once the money is back in the account.

Thanks to all for help/advice.
                        Redletter.

Comment

UPDATE AS PROMISED: MATTER NOW RESOLVED FULL REFUND CLEARED ONTO CREDIT CARD.

Better still - Credit Card balance now a big fat ZERO!

Redletter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X