• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Desperately seeking help - Lowell disagreement

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Desperately seeking help - Lowell disagreement

I am sorry if I sounded doom and gloom and yes I do think it's harsh that one relatively small payment can hurt you.

There is no harm trying the goodwill route but it's about managing your expectations.

If lowell or the I o do play ball so much the better, if not , there is little you can do.

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    Despite the gloom and doom statement it's well worth trying to get the default removed it's is unfair that a default for a small amount on a phone agreement should blight ones life and prevent you getting credit as normal rates or prevent you getting a mortgage for years, try the gesture of good will approach.

Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
    I have no formal legal training
    Any advice is offered without liability
    If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB

Originally posted by Phoenix1792 View Post
      I'm still not crazy about having to wait another 4 years to get a mortgage!
      I can't see any good grounds for the default to be removed. You can try the goodwill appeal but I would be surprised if it works.

BUT you don't have to wait until the default disappears to get a mortgage. Anecdotally you can get a mortgage at a reasonable rate from some high street lenders if a default is
      a) over 3 years old and
      b) has been repaid fro more than a year.

So that would be this time next year Go through a broker, don't apply direct to a lender as you may choose one who is picky about old defaults.

If you have an unusually large deposit and very good income for what you want to borrow, it could be worth talking to a broker now.

Ah that's amazing to know, thanks DebtCamel.

No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm