• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

CCJ Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Question

I had a CCJ about 3-4 years ago after a falling out with someone, Long story.

Anyway to this day I still have not paid it (it was 500).

Will it still expire and vanish after 6 years, or does it have to be fully paid to do that?
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ Question

It will still be removed from the register of judgments and fines and credit files 6 years from the judgment date, paid or not.

Would still exist though, and would be enforceable against you, although may need permission from the court to do so if the creditor had not previously tried in the prior 6 years

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
      It will still be removed from the register of judgments and fines and credit files 6 years from the judgment date, paid or not.

Would still exist though, and would be enforceable against you, although may need permission from the court to do so if the creditor had not previously tried in the prior 6 years
      Thanks for the quick response, so my credit would be clear, if anybody did a credit check, but privately they could still chase the 500.

Do we know if they could re-chase it and I could end up with a second CCJ linked to the same debt?

Comment

They can chase, but can't go for another CCJ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X