• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard Credit File entry - no default but 6's for 27 months!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Credit File entry - no default but 6's for 27 months!!

On my credit file is an entry for a barclaycard.

I stopped paying this in August 2008.

The entries on the credit file is a 1 in Sept 2008, 1 in Oct 2008, 2 in Nov 2008, 3 in Dec 2008.

Then from March 2009 there are 6's on the file for every month until May 2011.

In June 2011 it states settled. I didn't make any payment to it.

Is there anything that I can do to clear this?

Surely a default should have been added to the file between 3 and 6 months after the cause of action in September 2008. My thinking is that at the latest this should have been defaulted in March 2009 and therefore should drop off credit file in March 2015.

However, as it stands it will not clear until May 2017!!

Surely this cannot be right?

Any help or shared experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Barclaycard Credit File entry - no default but 6's for 27 months!!

:bump2:

Comment

Yes, you need to complain to Barclaycard saying that you will take them to both the FOS and ICO if they do not file a default with a correct and accurate date.

Barclaycard should have followed: http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...3%20%20doc.pdf

as those are the guidelines that applied at the time here.

As you say, if you did not pay from that point onwards then a default should be placed within 3-6 months.

Also:

A record showing a series of payments as six months in arrears when this does not reflect the real payment history should not be used as an equivalent of a default.
      Barclaycard usually refuse to change these at first, but if you keep pushing, threatening the ICO and FOS, and having it referred to someone more senior, then there is a fair chance they will sort it.

If not then you still have the recourse of taking it to the FOS and ICO.

Comment

Good luck Mr F, Im in a simular position but without a default after 6+ years! The account shows as active....Do you think that by writing to barclaycard you will reset the clock?

Comment

Reviewing my posts on the forum and came across this. I really should be more punctual with my responses.

Yes, that's exactly my concern. Would writing to them acknowledge the debt and therefore reset the clock?

Comment

Originally posted by MrF View Post
            Reviewing my posts on the forum and came across this. I really should be more punctual with my responses.

Yes, that's exactly my concern. Would writing to them acknowledge the debt and therefore reset the clock?
            Hello Mr F, welcome back,

Barclaycard is notorious for not defaulting accounts in accordance with the ICO's Guidance, often defaulting just prior to selling off the debt, putting the debtor at a distinct advantage in relation tp the provisions of the Limitation Act 1980.

A Formal Complaint addressed to the Data Controller at BC is the way forward.

Using a phrase such as "No Part of this communications is and cannot be construed as an admission of liability."

I see that this account has been marked as settled which usually means that the debt has been sold on to a debt purchaser, has anyone contacted you about this?

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X