• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin Media Credit report error.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media Credit report error.

Recently I tried to buy a sofa, but failed the credit searches. Since my credit history was immaculate, I was surprised, and signed up to Experian and Equifax to find the problem.

It turned out that I had a defaulted account showing from Virgin Media, dating back to 2008. I called Virgin, and they admitted very quickly there was no default, that some sort of computer error was responsible and that they would rectify this mistake. They acknowledged that I have never been in arrears with my payments. If it is relevant, the account showing in arrears is in my name, but spelt incorrectly at an address I had moved on from over a year before the default, although I maintained my service from the new address.

This was some 3 months ago now, and despite countless calls to Virgin, numerous assurances on their part that they will remove the entry (and requests for my permission to do so, which was granted), the default is still showing on Equifax, although it has been cleared from Experian. I have lost any faith in Virgin correcting this through the pressure of my telephone calls, but do not know what I can do next.

I saw that it is possible to claim for damages for damage to creditworthiness, and I wonder if this is an avenue worth exploring, I do not have a lot of money to gamble on legal fees etc, but would very much like to be able to apply some substanctial pressure on Vurgin to get this fixed. I feel that it is easily within their means, but it is impossible to talk to anyone in the relevant department other than by email or through a customer service drone, and having exhaustively explored both of these avenues, I now feel the time has come to escalate the matter.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated, as this has been a very stressful period, and I would very much like to get a satisfactory result as quickly as possible.
    Tags: None

Re: Virgin Media Credit report error.

I'm no expert but although virgin are clearly at fault I rather suspect that a court would assess damages to your credit worthiness on the basis of what you actually lost out on as a result of the wrongful default, which in this case is isn't that much ie a sofa.

I'm sure someone else can advise further.

Comment

Re: Virgin Media Credit report error.

anyone else have any info on this?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X