• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

2 days late mortgage payment, set to ruin my chance of mortgage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 days late mortgage payment, set to ruin my chance of mortgage.

Hi

I'm really at my wits end on how to proceed with a credit default registered against myself.

The background to this is that April 2013 a mortgage payment was missed by myself and ex-husband. The DD payments had been stopped from my account, as I had left the martial home and on the advise of Mortgage Express advised that separate payments could be made. I had to go this route, as my ex husband would not be inclined to repay any monies back to me. A thought that has been proven as I am the main contributor to our daughters financial needs, but that's another issue.
    My divorce had only been finalized 3 days before, so my mind was very much elsewhere.

The payment was made 2 days later, but because it was not made in the same month it has been recorded as a default. The issue I have with this is that my normal DD date was the 30th, there would be no possible way to have paid it within the same month. Unfortunately it was not a month with 31 days.

Mortgage Express are not willing to remove this from my report. They can see that I have had no payment problems for many years, and they understand my circumstances and were aware that I was going through a divorce in March 2013, but will do nothing. This is now causing me issues in getting a mortgage. I have been living with my mother for the last ten months, and am in a position to buy a property with my partner to give some stability for my 14 yr old daughter. Our affordability is very good and more than covers the property we have now under offer. We both have good jobs and earnings. My credit report from both Experian and Equifax show as Excellent with a score of 973 and 513 respectively. And although I have notice of corrections on both, this makes no difference at all. My partner has a few debts but are being managed and repaid. We have been told that the issue is really my credit report.

We are unable to take advantage of the new Housing Guarantee scheme, which as we both have nothing to start a home would be beneficial to us, and are now looking at the 90%LTV mortgages. Lower than we had hoped but we have £51k deposit and then £20k Stamp duty another £25.5k to bring us to the 85% LTV just isn't possible. But at 85% we have been told such 'defaults' are an easier risk for lenders to manage. We are not a risk.

The whole situation is so very frustrating, as we now have to look at lenders dealing with adverse credit.
    I'm sending another letter of complaint to Mortgage Express again with a copy of my Decree Absolute and credit scores for both agencies.

I just don't know what else I should do, so any help or guidance would be appreciated. I just want to get on with my life and give my daughter a comfortably home.

Kind Regards
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X