• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Will i ever beable to get bank loan with 1 default on my credit rating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will i ever beable to get bank loan with 1 default on my credit rating?

I got 1 default on my credit rating,Its from Halifax who told me My account would freeze as it went into a unplanned overdraft of £260 Because Alton towers took a payment from my account 3 weeks later after the date of arrival and been told the payment had been paid.After going to my bank 3 weeks later and saw i had £700 in there which i withdrew the very same day from behind the counter as i asked them to see if that was my correct balance as it was more than i thought was in there they said yes this is withdrawable today so i took it,The next day Alton Towers took there payment from my booking what i done 3 weeks earlier Taking me £260 overdrawn.Halifax said they would Freeze my acound even tho i paid £100 into the account in the first week of been overdrawn taking it down to £160 i got a letter about 2 months after saying it will affeect my credit score if I dont make arrangments for payment which i have now started paying but the balance as gone back up to £260.Any advice what i should do?
    Tags: None

Re: Will i ever beable to get bank loan with 1 default on my credit rating?

Ask them to freeze interest and charges as you are struggling to keep up with the repayments. If they do, great; if they don't or if they ask you to fill in their own version of an Income and Expenditure sheet, go to someone like Payplan or Stepchange who will be able to help you.

NEVER take a loan to pay a loan in your circumstances.

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Have you checked your credit files to see if the default has actually been recorded?

Comment

I forgot to mention that my account had been passed to moorcroft which i have started making payments but i feel that its wrong that i have my credit file defaulted after they told me they would freeze the account i didnt recive no letters off halifax saying i would get a default just letters off moorcroft,any advice would be great

Comment

So are you saying you did not get a Default Notice. Initially this would have given you 14 days in which to remedy the breach, and would have stated the sum due?

Comment

no i didnt get no letter like that just a letter off moorcroft saying the debt had been passed onto them,i rang them up and made arrangments to pay back on a monthly basis

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X