• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Phoenix Recoveries v Kotecha Jan 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phoenix Recoveries v Kotecha Jan 2011

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
    pt do you know when the full judgement will be released?
    the Kotecha one?

No i dont, we havent requested a copy of the judgment as it is reported on Lawtel.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the extract that you posted at the start of this thread sufficient for court?

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance, but is the extract that you posted at the start of this thread sufficient for court?
        That extract was from Lawtel

It is the case report, as there were law reporters in the Court room recording in writing the judges judgments.

Any court will have access to the case report, and a print out of the case report above will assist im sure
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

what is this pending high court rulling you talk about pt

Comment

WE were invloved in a matter that was reserved to the High Court, as it involved numerous points which the High Court ought to deal with to give clarity to all concerned on those points.

There was Unfair relationship, defective default notice, breach of s78, breach of s62, 63 and most importantly s61(1) and 127(3)

The court has given its draft judgment but a application under the barrel jurisdiction has been made, so until that is dealt with the judgment remains confidential.

However, as soon as it is available you will get a copy.

Comment

Aha, we await another dose of pure PT gold with due baited breath!

;-)

Comment

Originally posted by pt2537 View Post
                an application under the barrel jurisdiction has been made,
                Do we know approx when the application may be heard?

It really is an eagerly awaited determination.
                They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
                  Do we know approx when the application may be heard?

It really is an eagerly awaited determination.
                  Its not as i understand it an application which will be heard.

If you look up Paulin v Paulin 2009 it sets out what the app is in there

It is something that we are simply asking the judge to clarify one point in his judgment thats all, we already have the judgment here,but it is confidential sadly till handed down

Comment

Its not as i understand it an application which will be heard.

If you look up Paulin v Paulin 2009 it sets out what the app is in there

It is something that we are simply asking the judge to clarify one point in his judgment thats all, we already have the judgment here,but it is confidential sadly till handed down
                    Wow what a tangled web that case was.

However it reads to me "the Barrell jurisdiction" allows a judge (given strong reasons) to reconsider and maybe even reverse a judgement prior to its handing down.

That is more than clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by basa48 View Post
                      Wow what a tangled web that case was.

However it reads to me "the Barrell jurisdiction" allows a judge (given strong reasons) to reconsider and maybe even reverse a judgement prior to its handing down.

That is more than clarification.
                      well it does, but we have just asked for one point to be clarified that is all,

Comment

well it does, but we have just asked for one point to be clarified that is all,
                        OK I'm no advocate, it is just I am very nervous this decision could seriously undermine a potential defence of mine based on a bad DN.

I have no patience

Comment

Thank you pt for this case. I was able to produce it in support of my successful arguments over missing prescribed terms.

Comment

Thank you pt for this case. I was able to produce it in support of my successful arguments over missing prescribed terms.
                            That's great news cymruambyth, but I don't suppose you could share something of your case here (eg, how you used the judgement?).

I'm doing my utmost to avoid court with an rogue bank - a killer argument could lay any prospective claim to rest.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Alcohol View Post
                              That's great news cymruambyth, but I don't suppose you could share something of your case here (eg, how you used the judgement?).

I'm doing my utmost to avoid court with an rogue bank - a killer argument could lay any prospective claim to rest.

TIA
                              can also give them the time to formulate a killer reply too

Thats why i play cards to the chest

Comment

can also give them the time to formulate a killer reply too

Thats why i play cards to the chest
                                So keep it vague right up to skeleton argument, right??

BTW does a skeleton argument have to be submitted to the opposition, if so how long before the hearing.

I have a hearing date and date for WS / exchange docs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X