• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT with RCI and challenging the charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VT with RCI and challenging the charges

hi, looking for some help and guidance on the following matter. I voluntary terminated on an agreement with RCI which does the car finance for Nissan as my car was in negative equity. I had already paid at least 50% of my PCP agreement and had read lots on here which stated I shouldn’t have to pay any further charges.

I used the template letter from here to terminate and knew straight away that the company would try and claim all sorts. I even had the vehicle checked by a local to make sure whether there was anything that would be deemed as unreasonable wear and tear.

The guy arrived for the inspection on 11th May and basically marked the following damages:
    - scuffed still extension - smart repair - £64
    - glove box lid broken - replace - £106.85
    - bonnet - excessive chipping - refinish £113

Total damages - £283.85

He showed me the scuff which yes there was a slight scuff but I had never noticed it. He also opened the glove box and it seemed to jam when closing but i never really used it so didn’t notice any issues shutting it.
    But the biggest frustration is the excess chippings on the bonnet. For a car that has drive almost 26,000 miles, surely that is wear and tear?

Anyway he asked if I wanted to dispute and I said yes. He said he needed a signature to dispute so I clarified what me signing was relating to and he confirmed the signature was only to mark as dispute and I was not agreeing to any other terms. Car went and now I haven’t heard anything until now - letter through the door dated 6th July outlining the charges above Plus £140.85 excess mileage.

My mileage was also just below 26,000 and I had an allowance of 30,000 but have terminated 5 months early. They claim they pro-rata it but there is no mention of this in my contract.

The letter also states that they understand I might want to discuss some of the charges and if I do then to call them on a number that charges 10p per minute (higher to call from mobiles).

I am not really sure what my next step should be. A few things I’m also unsure about...

- can they leave it that long between the inspection and sending out the letter of charges?
    - if I agreed to pay the glove box and scuff but dispute the other things, am I opening myself up to something i don’t actually have to pay for?
    - what do I do next?

The letter says it needs paying within 14days. My biggest worry is that I’m getting married in a couple of months and already have lots to pay for but I also don’t want this stress hanging over me. Please someone help! Would appreciate any advice on this - thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X