• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Liabilty charge after VT Ford Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liabilty charge after VT Ford Credit

Hi, first post on here but I have been reading through the previous posts for a while now.
    I terminated my agreement about 4 weeks ago and recieved my letter yesterday with final 'liability' amount which comes to just over £1000.
    I called them to ask what its for as nowhere does it say excess mileage on letter. I pointed out that the contract contradicts itself and quoted the cca.
    Obviously no matter what I said they stuck to protocall and said that if I have an issue that I could email them on their customer relations email.
    I will have to do this even if just to give myself more time.
    I asked if I could spread payment (thinking 10-20 a month) he told me at best they could spread over three months. This is just not doable for me at the moment, my outgoings are more than my incomings.
    I've been OVER my overdraft 22 times this year, Im self employed with no savings and I dont know what to do!
    I live with my partner who is going through career change so in same situation as me. Next year we are hoping to sell our flat and buy a house, I cant have my credit rating affecting that!

So, I think what Id like to get advice for is if it affects my rating when it gets passed onto Link Financial outsource?
    Do you think it would be a better way of paying over time?
    My financial situation is bad, I thought that i would be protected under the CCA but I can see that this doesnt happen!

When I got this (second) pcp agreement with Ford they limited me to 6,000 miles a year even though im a mobile hairdresser. I was told at the time that I didnt need to worry about the mileage cap because Id be going back in three years and starting new contract. I feel so stupid that I signed still. I was by myself and felt pressured into signing, I never even liked the car! About two months after signing I recieved a bill for around 300 for previous car that they couldnt tell me what was for and I paid under duress. I wish I knew about this site then!
    The man on the phone said that I can take up a complaint against them too, im just so low at the moment, I feel that people like me just get ripped off all the time, my mistakes are always expensive lessons to learn!

Thanks for taking the time to read and advise.
    Not sure how to tag people! rob
    RB

Can anyone help?? Thank you

Comment

You are in the same boat as everyone else. When you don't pay up, Ford Credit tend to sell the supposed debt to Link Financial who will try to pursue you for the alleged balance. I am not aware of Link Financial attempting to pursue this alleged amount to court, nor am I aware they apply any adverse entries on your account (unlike BMW) but that is not to say that they won't.

Not much I can really say except you either pay up or you don't pay up and see what Link Financial does.

Salespersons at dealerships almost always tell everyone the same story about excess mileage and they do this verbally because it's difficult for customers to evidence what was said. Now, you've experienced this problem, if you get another car on finance then you should be realistic about your annual mileage. If the salesperson is trying to sell you a good deal but the mileage is lower than you wanted, and he/she tells you not to worry about it because you can VT without liability, then before signing anything you should get the salesperson to put that in writing, preferably on headed paper or to send it by email. Make sure the email clearly states that you will not be liable for excess mileage if you voluntarily terminate your agreement under section 99 of the CCA. If the salesperson is not prepared to do that or is trying to tell you that you don't need to worry about it then that's when you should be sceptical.
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob, thats helpful.

Ill never do PCP again, its not suited for me. An expensive lesson has been learned!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X