• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Home shopping direct

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Home shopping direct

    Please,please i need some help! i seriously don't know which way to turn, i opened an account with very a few years ago in my husbands name (he does no this) and was doing quite well until a few months ago inwhich i fell into arrears with (2000) this, my husband doesnt know, and it all started when falling ill with breast cancer and being off work and only receiving ssp, i tried to contact them many occassions to ask for a reduction in payment, they refused saying it would not cover any repayment and interest charges. I received a threatening letter from them on Friday saying they want full arrears paying by monday 20 july, i haven't got this kind of money and my husband is ex-army and will go mental, i can't tell him. they will put a default notice on his record with is otherwise unblemished. what can i do?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Home shopping direct

    2K in arrears? What is the total amount outstanding?
    Did you put any of this in writing to HSD or did you
    deal with customer services.
    I am surprised one that HSD has not contacted your
    husband directly and two that they are discussing the
    account with you.
    I suggest with the large amount of arrears and the account
    in your husbands name you are going to need to tell him.
    Communicating with HSD in the name of your husband
    is really nota wise thing to do.
    If this was in your name it would be my advice to write
    to the collections department of HSD and tell them the history
    of your health problems and lack of income, you could then
    ask them to freeze interest and charges so that any payments
    could be totally allocated to reducing the debt.

    The advice I give and draft letters provided are drawn from personal experience and career training and are given freely and without liability.

    Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice. I will not advise by private message. If you'd like me to look at your post please tag me in your post by typing @nemesis45;.

    If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team.

    Animo et fide.


    • #3
      Re: Home shopping direct

      Tell him the truth if he reacts in the way you say hes not much of a man you need help now not more problems,best to be straight with him


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


      No announcement yet.

      upgrade to vip

      Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

      only £15/yr

      Offers available. No subscription traps.

      sign up now

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm