• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

K&co Advice on 10K Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Advice on 10K K&co Debt now passed to Lowells.

Originally posted by vonny1 View Post
    I'm so bogged down with it all I can't think straight!! I don't know the answer to either question that's what I need help with x
    Ok straight answers

Can they sue you? YES.

Can you defend the Claim? Thats what you have to think about, Law is not easy if you dont understand it and understand the legal arguments youre using. Its no different to plumbing or building etc, it requires knowledge.

You may be able to defend a claim against you i dont know for sure.

What i would say to you is this, you need to make sure you answer any pre action letters and use your rights to documents under the pre action protocol. you are entitled to see any documents that they will be relying on before they issue a claim. If they refuse to supply these documents then you can take issue with this under the protocol.

i appreciate its not easy but that is life im afraid.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Not quite sure what your saying. I want them to think I know what I'm talking about!. So what can I write to them now as they are now waiting for my reply to their letter?????. If they really thought they had a valid case wouldn't they have done something about it by now rather than playing letter tennis?? I thought from the advice on here that I had a pretty good defence as they have no credit agreement and the account was opened in 2006, is this no longer the case??. Many thanks x

Comment

Not quite sure what your saying. I want them to think I know what I'm talking about!. So what can I write to them now as they are now waiting for my reply to their letter?????. If they really thought they had a valid case wouldn't they have done something about it by now rather than playing letter tennis?? I thought from the advice on here that I had a pretty good defence as they have no credit agreement and the account was opened in 2006, is this no longer the case??. Many thanks x
        Hmm, sorry if im confusing you, i dont mean to, but the difficulty you have is anyone can read from a forum and regurgitate what they are told parrot fashion, however that person will be in difficulty if the audience asks a question wont they?

It is sooo soo important to understand the law you are arguing, yes you may have a very arguable defence, yes you may be able to write a letter setting out your case, but do you understand what youre writing in the letters?

As far as your case is concerned, yes you seem to have an argument, you did not sign an agreement therefore the agreement is improperly executed and unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 in theory.

If the above is true then a Judge cannot give judgment against you.
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Well what I would like to do is write to them with that argument in the hope that they think, hey up this one knows what she's talking about would it be worth all the hassle of a court case we might not win and end up coming us money in the process. But I need some help with how to word it. All help very appreciated x

Comment

Any help please in wording a letter, no idea what to put back many thanks.

Comment

Can you scan a copy of the agreement they have recently sent you so we can view how much substance it has?

(Remove any personal details in the scanned copy!)

Comment

I'm sorry I have no printer at the moment and have no clue how to do it with my phone (if you can do it via a phone). It looks like the real thing and all fields are completed. It is only an agreement for some buy now pay later items which have been paid for, not a CCA. Many Thanks.

Comment

I'm sorry I have no printer at the moment and have no clue how to do it with my phone (if you can do it via a phone). It looks like the real thing and all fields are completed.
                  Most phones these days have a camera you can use to take photos :cell: and a facility to email them to yourself. :typing:

This thread may be of some help: www.legalbeagles.info/forums/showthread.php?44713-How-to-Upload-Documents-(and-keep-your-details-safe!)&p=431700#post431700 :nerd:
                  Originally posted by vonny1;441164[B
                  [/B] It is only an agreement for some buy now pay later items which have been paid for, not a CCA. Many Thanks.
                  That sounds more like what those catalogue companies normally did! :grin:

...in which case, it may not be enforceable at all! :thumb:

Comment

Would you give me some idea of what I should write back to them please. Your help is very much appreciated. I'm so worried!!

Comment

Hi Von,

from what I've seen from your thread, I doubt you have much to worry about really

Your debt with them SHOULD be regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, this places requirements on them for the form the documentation must take.

As has been said above, it is very important that you look at the Consumer Credit Act and understand exactly what would be required in the way of documentation for them to enforce the debt in the courts - that way if they do (unwisely, in my opinion) decide upon court action you will know exactly how to handle your defence.

Part V of the act is the main area that covers the content required:

HERE

As for a letter to send them.............................

Dear Sir/Madam,

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOU OR ANY RELATED THIRD PARTY

I refer to your recent communication in response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act Section 78 for a copy of the agreement you seek to rely upon.

It is clear that the document you have sent a copy of does not meet the detailed requirements set out by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and as such I believe the debt would be unenforceable at law.

Accordingly, it is my position that no payment will be forthcoming in regard to this alleged debt and should you unwisely decide to commence litigation I reserve the right to bring this letter to the courts attention and state that I will defend vigorously and also seek to have any such claim struck out as having no lawful grounds.

I require that you maintain all communication in writing and remove any telephone number of mine from your records.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Thank you, I also have the letter they sent me after I sent cca request stating that Shop Direct no longer had the document so they were closing their file and would only contact me again if the document turned up!!! Should I send them a copy of their own letter as well??. Many thanks.

Comment

Absolutely!

I've adjusted the letter below to go along with the copy:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOU OR ANY RELATED THIRD PARTY

I refer to your recent communication in response to my request under the Consumer Credit Act Section 78 for a copy of the agreement you seek to rely upon.

It is clear that the document you have sent a copy of does not meet the detailed requirements set out by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and as such I believe the debt would be unenforceable at law.

I would also remind you of the letter already received stating Shop Direct no longer retained the alleged document, a copy of which is attached for your reference.

Accordingly, it is my position that no payment will be forthcoming in regard to this alleged debt and should you unwisely decide to commence litigation I reserve the right to bring this letter to the courts attention and state that I will defend vigorously and also seek to have any such claim struck out as having no lawful grounds.

I require that you maintain all communication in writing and remove any telephone number of mine from your records.

Yours faithfully,

Comment

Thanks very much I'll get that sent.off today and let you know when I get a reply

Comment

• Re: Advice on 10K K&co Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

I have had reply from Lowells who say that they do not agree with my complaint and they have complied with my cca request and feel that I am responsible for the debt and are now handing it over to there legal department for litigation to see if they think that the debt is legally enforceable by law. I then received a phone call today from Hamptons but I just put the phone down. Now it's been passed to them do you think they will be getting ready for court action?? I'm worried sick now!!! Thanks x

Comment

• Re: Advice on 10K K&co Kandco Debt now passed to Lowells.

Anyone? I'm really worried!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X