• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hobbit v littlewoods catalogue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobbit v littlewoods catalogue

hi everyone
    i joined a while ago but then was very ill so everything got put on hold

right, here is my question
    i sent a cca request to littlewoods catalogue a few months ago, i was advised that it did not contain all the prescribed terms so is unenforceable, i have managed to send letters off to them stating this but they are adamant that they have fulfilled my cca request it is enforcable and they say there is now no dispute, any one have any ideas what i do now, i am very severely disabled and my health is getting worse and could do with a little bit of help if any of you good people would oblige, thanks so much xx

Re: hobbit v littlewoods catalogue

Are there charges on the account? If you are trying to reclaim these then it will still be in dispute despite what they say.

What have you sent them letters about? Even if the agreement is unenforceable it does not necessarily mean that the debt is not owed.

If you could provide a little more information it would help a lot.

Comment

thank you for the reply Amy
      yes i understand that even if it is unenforcabel the debt is still owed,
      i had never missed a payment in years, i fell very ill and offered reduced payments, they were very rude, told me tough they left me in tears, and very frightened
      yes charges are added, sorry got logged out halfway through this
      i have tried everything to pay them something, i am now on income support with no other income, my nurse took cca to the CAB who explained to her it was a very poor cca, missing prescribed terms, they said i could stop paying them as an unenforcable agreement is just as it says it is unenforcable but i offered again reduced payments, the refused, they have been nothing but bullies, ringing many times a day, i am bedridden now with very little hope of going back to work.
      Last edited by hobbit; 4th November 2008, 22:28:PM.

Comment

How much do you owe? How much are the charges? Are you paying reduced payments now or have they refused to accept this?

Comment

Hi amy
          i cannot get to my files as my carer has gone home now but i think its about £2000 then charges added but i cannot be sure until tomorrow , i am not paying them now as they have refused my reduced payments,they said they want full amount, i truely cannot afford this, i thought offering reduced payments was been very fair, after all i could have told them to stick it with an unenforceable agreement, perhaps i should have done.

Comment

help!!!
            after months of offering £10 per month and it being refused i have received a letter today saying they are putting me on the "gone away" register
            can they do this? surely this is false information they are putting on my credit file, this must be breaking the law surely
            i havent moved home, i have been writing to them for months, they want my home phone number which i refused to give and all the arrears in one payment. they will not consider reduced payments at all, otherwise i get put on the GAIN register.
            what the heck do i do now, ?
            any help very much appreciated
            Last edited by hobbit; 14th January 2009, 18:34:PM.

Comment

BUMP.

Anyone?
              Is no longer here

Comment

To be honest as CAB have already advised that the agreement is unenforceable I would be inclined to tell them to take a long walk.
                Might be worth asking them to put this in writing and sending it to Littlewoods.

Of course this is the moral Vs legal argument again.

Comment

Originally posted by Curlyben View Post
                  To be honest as CAB have already advised that the agreement is unenforceable I would be inclined to tell them to take a long walk.
                  Might be worth asking them to put this in writing and sending it to Littlewoods.

Of course this is the moral Vs legal argument again.

thanks so much for the bump wendyB
                  and to curlyben for the reply,
                  i have now decided not to offer anymore payments,blow my morals, i have tried and tried with them, i am just so sick of it all.
                  its the "GONE AWAY " register bit i am worried about, can they do this,as i havent gone away at all.
                  it makes me so mad to think they can register FALSE information againt me and let them get away with it, can i report them to someone ?
                  thanks for any advice
                  hobbit x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X