• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sky+HD Upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky+HD Upgrade

As some of you will have seen Sky are doing the Sky+HD for new and old customers for £49.99. However if you already have sky+ multiroom and want to get sky+HD multiroom they will charge you £30 installation fee also.

If however your contract has ran for its full course then all you need to do to get the Sky+HD Multiroom for just £49.99 and without paying for the installation is register to get Sky+HD and you will recieve an email to complete your order when they are ready to instal. When you get this phone sky and cancel your current multiroom which takes immediate effect. Then request to complete your Sky+HD with multiroom. All you get charged is £49.99 for the box.

I have just done this. But remember if your contract hasn't ran its full term then there may be a hidden fee.

Re: Sky+HD Upgrade

Sky are doing a deal at the moment - free installation + free box & free HD for one year. After a year you can choose to keep HD or not.
    I've just upgraded mine costing nothing for a year.

Comment

Is that true; as we already have sky plus and are having sky hd tomorrow but are being charged £30........... and £10 extra a month.

This £30 does include moving sky plus box upstairs though!

Comment

I think you'll find they'll use that age old excuse 'its for brand new customers only'. Sod the existing ones who have been with them years eh!

We pay £91 per month which includes an extra £10 month for multiroom thats probably what yours is for too.

Comment

Sky have recently cocked up my bill( again) 2 months running and now i owe them £79 and they've cut me off. However, before they cut me off, when i was really hacked off about them cocking up the bill, I told them to put me through to cancellations cos I'd had enough of them messing it up. The result was that i now have 6 months at half price. Or I will have, when I've paid them the 79 quid and they've reinstated me again.....

To be perfectly honest I could live without the Sky channels ( although Sky+ would be missed) but I really like their broadband and phone package, unfortunately they don't do these as stand alone, you can only get them with the TV package.
          Is no longer here

Comment

Oh I forgot to say that £91 is the full package, all the tv channels, phone and broadband plus the multi room.

Comment

Sapphire

Thanks; we pay £56 with multi room currently this is the wholw sky package not telephone or broadband; we got virgin broadband with 20mg speed as we run three pcs in the house all on the net lol.

So I is £30 instalation for sky hd and ten pound a month thereafter. I personally not happy with paying £66 a month for the bloody tele; its a man thing!!

Still I get sky plus in the bedroom, result considering its me who does most of the recording tee hee

Comment

Yep I reckon the £30 is for installation, I suppose you could give them a call and try to negotiate to get that dropped.
                Let us know how you get on if you do please.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X