• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Buying Beyond Best Befores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Beyond Best Befores

This is really for those of you that don't get the MSE e-mails.

New online 'Best Before' date food seller. E.g. 300ml Diet Coke 8 for £1. Updated Guide Health rules dictate you should always throw food beyond its USE-BY date if it has one. Yet BEST-BEFORE only signals it's of optimum quality before then, it's not a safety rule. So don't unnecessarily throw best befores out. Buy Beyond Best Befores: The UK's dotted with independent retailers and market stalls selling super cheap clearance, short-dated and out-of-date items. Now there's one online selling 24x300ml Diet Coke for £2 (8p each) or 400ml jars of mayonnaise for 30p. Yet you need to bulk buy as there's a £5.25 delivery. To stop its site crashing from massive traffic, the links in the Updated Guide: Supermarket Shopping Discuss: Would you buy Beyond Best Befores?

Here's the discussion thread: Buying Beyond Best Befores...official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums
    and the thread for the main player in this area: Really cheap food...however - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

All in all the supplier is here: http://www.approvedfood.co.uk/index.asp

Looks like some serious bargains to be had.
    I'll be placing an order shortly to check things out.

Approved Foods

Hi

Don't know if this has already been posted.
    I got this from MSE but it is a good site for stuff that is just going out of date and could save you a fortune. They also have bargains on electrical stuff.
    The offers change regularly so best to bookmark and check weekly

http://www.approvedfood.co.uk/index.asp

Comment

Re: Buying Beyond Best Befores

Anyone looking to order be prepared for delays. They've been inundated with orders since mentioned on MoneySavingExpert and they have a 12 day backlog.
      ORDER DELAYS

We currently have a 12-day backlog of orders that are to be processed, due to the fact that we have received so many orders.

For those who have recently placed orders online, you should expect a delivery notice from our courier in the next few days.
      For those who plan to place an order with us we would like you to be aware of these delays for the time being. We strongly recommend that you place your order next week when we will have more items online.
      We would like to point out that the store is open daily for local customers who may want to pick up their orders.

We ask for you to be patient over this period whilst we make necessary changes and work around the clock, literally, to ensure these orders are sent out to you ASAP.

We again thank you all for your support, especially Martin Lewis and all the Money Saving Experts at Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

Please visit Approved Foods again and feel free to register for our newsletter.

Regards

The Approved Food Team

Comment

Have bookmarked them for when the rush dies down. looks good.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well I'm going to give this a BIG bump.

Had a couple of orders from these guys.
          The early ones where pretty terrible due to disorganisation, but recently tried them again and I'm pleasantly surprised.

They've changed the site to update your basket real time and to show you the savings over RRP. They also have got themselves a decent courier that delivers when they say they will and even give you web updates.

As to the quality of the product, TOP notch and some serious savings to be made.
          For example Lipton Lovers Leap single estate tea, normally £12 but now 50p !!!!!!

OK the date is Dec 2009, but they are individually packed in protective atmosphere, so no harm there.
          BOX PRICE Lipton Lovers Leap Ceylon Black Tea 40 Tea Bags

Grab some while they are still available.

Comment

Good site for nearly and out of date bulk food (tins/crisps etc)

Welcome to Approved Food | The biggest online seller of clearance food and drinks

and so on....
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Re: Good site for nearly and out of date bulk food (tins/crisps etc)

HUGE thumbs up from me.
              I have used these guys repeatedly and have been extremely impressed with both price and quality.

Buying Beyond Best Befores - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

Yip thats where I got them from, thought they deserved another bump. Only used them a couple time but very impressed. Though I still randomly have two giant tins of saurkraut in the cupboard am not sure what to do with (I thought they were normal size tins not two foot tall jobs!) lol. Forgot about that thread should merge really. (edit DONE)
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  Though I still randomly have two giant tins of saurkraut in the cupboard am not sure what to do with (I thought they were normal size tins not two foot tall jobs!) lol.
                  Update.......We binned them today lol
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Food Bargains, Buy Cheap Food Drink, Bargain Out of Date Food, Clearance Food UK

The above site is also similar. Am looking at this as a problem has arisen in my pay which means I am living on a current budget of minus 4 pounds(am not in a particularly good mood today)......
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Cheers I'll give these guys a look in the new year

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X