• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

Natwest unarranged overdraft

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Natwest unarranged overdraft

    Hi guys,

    hope anyone can help me. I have been using my overdraft account (Advantage Gold Account) until January. I stopped paying money into it because I became unemployed so therefore my account has gone into unarranged overdraft due to fees and interest.
    I am just about to contact the bank but I don't really know where to start. Can I try to claim back any charges or interest?

    Thanks for your advice.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Natwest unarranged overdraft

    Hi Minie1,

    Firstly welcome to LB.

    I would open a basic account with another bank one that you have no connections to. Banks are grouped together and it can be hard to find out but the ones I know or are Lloyds Banking Group are Lloyds bank. Bank of Scotland, Halifax and TSB and I think Nationwide is on it's own. Not sure about the others. I would get any income you have paid into that account so at least you have your income secure and it can't be swallowed up. If you are unemployed I think charges and interest can only be claimed back if you are in financial hardship which by the sounds of it you would qualify but I'm not sure how that works but I'm sure someone on here can help.

    How long have you had the Account?


    • #3
      Re: Natwest unarranged overdraft

      Hiya, I've had this account since 2008. I also bank with Barclays, hope they are not connected with Natwest.

      So do you think I can try to claim back charges and interest because I am unemployed?

      Thanks for your help.


      View our Terms and Conditions

      LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

      If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

      If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


      No announcement yet.

      upgrade to vip

      Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

      only £15/yr

      Offers available. No subscription traps.

      sign up now

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm