• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

HSBC PPI stalemate

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HSBC PPI stalemate

    My wife claimed PPI back from HSBC which was referred to Financial Ombudsman and decision reached to refund 4711.58 in May 2013 which was directed to be taken as part payment of 7500 outstanding on card. In September 2011 MCS wrote and offered a 40% discount to settle the debt with a payment of 4231.54, which we couldn't raise and were still waiting for the PPI claim to be processed.

    We've been in correespondence with HSBC since May 2014 - protracted due to them not receiving or losing correspondence.

    We've endured harassment from MCS, CDRU, Wescott and Moorcroft (ceased in each case by a "Notice of Impending Harassment Claim" being sent).
    We've complained to HSBC about the actions of each of these agents - their reply " we're sorry their actions fell short of your expectations".

    A further "time limited" discounted offer was made by CDRU (aka HSBC Payments Services) on 6th June 2014. Further correspondence with HSBC ensued with no response. Finally, after writing to Antonio Simoes (CEO) we received notification that the Wealth Complaintsteam would be investigating.

    The outcome of that investigation is no surprise...discount offer time limited now withdrawn - even though it was made after PPI claim settled and in midst of correspondence.

    is it worth going back to the Financial Ombudsman ???
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

sign up now

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm