• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

B.R/declaration of trust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.R/declaration of trust

I will try to keep this simple, Interest only mortgage in my sole name 2008, B.R 2012,
    Declaration of trust with ex partner 2009, he moved into property and started paying mortgage as per the D.O.T. the beneficial interest is his and I walked away.
    The mortgage will end when I am 82 and will not be able to pay this I understand the bank will take the property back.
    My question is what will happen if I die before the end of the mortgage? My estate will be less than £20,000 and has my ex left me in debt to over £200,000 hence the B.R
    I hope the bank would take the property, but if whatever is left in estate is taken and the fact my ex has beneficial interest would mean he would get the surplus money after loan repaid, which in effect means he gets whatever I have left.
    I hope this makes some sense to someone, Its been an awful 10years and would like some peace.
    Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X