• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of enforcement agent visit (newlyn plc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of enforcement agent visit (newlyn plc)

Have reposted this here as I'm hoping to get more help!!!

Hi to everyone, I am a newbie to this site and have read way to much info on my issue I'm now completely frazzled!

I arrived home from work to have received a notice of enforcement agent visit to your premises letter from Newlyn PLC. It states the total sum outstanding is £408.00 what I'm having difficulty with is is what it's actually for.....

Now I'm sure your there's some people going to say right okay heard it all before! She never received any letters, doesn't know anything about it bla bla bla but it's true it's the first I've heard about it( trust me I spent 12 years clearing my debts ) I don't ignore letters. You could say I learnt the hard way

Any way back to the letter. It really doesn't explain anything ! It says outstanding: road traffic
    Due to : Coventry city council
    Tgats it so I'm kinda confused... Road traffic what exactly? Where in coventry did it happen? What time ? What day? What was I driving ? I assume I was driving something as it says road traffic. I have not received jack from Coventry city council about anything. I mean how do I know it was me if I don't know what they are on about!!! Now what do I do is my question? How do I approach this ? Please give me some straight forward advice. Havent spoken to newlyns yet do I call them and say I don't know anything about it...I'm sure they won't give a xxxx but I suppose at least I've contactedthem

Thanks in advance for all advice received
    Tags: None

Re: Notice of enforcement agent visit (newlyn plc)

Is there any reference number on this letter seems a bit vague

Comment

A bit vague is an understatement ......

My name and address. Newlyn ref
      Client ref
      Outstanding : road traffic
      Due to: Coventry city council

Notice of enforcement agent visit to your premises
      Total outstanding £408.00

A certified enforcement agent has attended your premises with the intention of taking control of goods and removing those goods in accordance with the tribunals, courts and enforcement act 2007.

You must contact the removal agent in charge immediately to avoid further enforcement action.

Then the usual please quote reference number bla bla bla

But that is it!!! Like I said I have had nothing from Coventry city council so I'm completely stumped as to what this is regarding

Thanks for your time
      Last edited by Sarahs1605; 22nd March 2017, 09:59:AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

It sounds very much like a Parking Ticket. You will need to contact the Traffic Enforcement Centre to file an Out of Time appeal - if they send this via email and you return the same way & as long as it is received before 4pm then enforcement will be put on hold while your appeal is considered. It should give you approx 6 weeks grace and may be rolled back to the original ticket or scrapped altogether.

The telephone number to contact TEC is either: 0300 123 1059 or 01604 619 450 and the lines are open between 8.30 am until 4pm Monday to Friday. A word of warning….the telephone lines to the Traffic Enforcement Centre are very busy indeed!! Also, you must have the penalty charge number before calling TEC (this will start with two digits followed by eight number). If you don't have the PCN number you must ring Coventry Council to get it.

Comment

Don't have anything and for the life of me I can't recall parking anywhere i shouldn't have parked. I drive to work park in our car park and drive home again that's all. I'll call Coventry city council today but should I call newlyn aswell????

Thanks ploddertom for the info
          Much appreciated

Comment

Call council and get info so you can appeal newlyn will just want money tell them when you have contacted TEC

Comment

As wales says you do not have to contact Newlyn.

Comment

Morning everyone

Here's an update for you! Finally got through to Coventry council and I have to say the guy was extremely helpfull (doesn't happen oftern) turns out I drove through a bus lane in coventry in June 2014. Now this where the fun starts.... I was driving a hire car due to the fact that my car at the time had been in an accident so original letter went to hire company. They then gave my details out that they had on file which would have been my old address as we were actually in the process of moving house when the accident happened and I had the hire car. As soon as he said 2014 I knew exactly why I hadn't received any correspondence. Now it's time to fill in the out of time witness statement feel a lot better knowing what it is

Thanks everyone for all your advice

Comment

Wow have just called the bailiffs to inform them and I'm gobsmacked.....2 helpfull people in one day!! She's put a note on my file to explain about the out of time statement and giving me 31 days grace to stop anyone bothering me while this goes through. Really wasn't expecting that

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X