• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Address and notice of enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address and notice of enforcement

Hi everyone,

In need of a bit of advice here but I will keep it short and sweet.

My main question is with a notice of enforcement ( and probably also a high court writ) against a limited company, would it be unenforceable if the address was slightly wrong on it as I have heard different things. For example if the address had the number and postcode right but the street name was spelled incorrectly, for example saying desert street instead of dessert street? I have been told by some there is no room for error on high court writs etc but that it will not matter by others.

The main reason for this is a notice of enforcement (and also a writ) that had never been delivered. It had been escalated to phase two at the first instance of finding out about the writ and when questioned on the previous missing correspondence and for any proof of postage or tracking number was told "it was served by way of being posted, first class post inaccordance with the requirements under legislation. A letter is deemed delivered when it was properly addressed,prepaid and posted and would have been delivered in the ordinary course of the post." Would the address being slightly wrong mean it was not properly addressed and therefore invalidate their claim and revoke their fees? There are many other parts to this but it has been going on for a while and the amount of the original debt has been paid, we just want the unfair and manipulated fees gotten rid of and to put this behind us.

I have been advised just to make a sworn statement that it never turned up and that would do. Should I also add in on this that it wasn't correctly addressed and that should clear all the fees and mean the debt was paid, I am extremely grateful for any replies especially quick ones as I just want to put this matter behind me.

Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

Also can someone advise me, am I right in thinking they shouldn't be charging VAT on fees too??
    Tags: None

Re: Address and notice of enforcement

Using the scenario that you have outlined above (Desert Street as opposed to Dessert Street as an example) would not invalidate enforcement.

There is no legal obligation on an enforcement company to provide 'proof of postage' and a 'tracking number' is just plain silly. Failure to provide either will not invalidate the claim or the fees.

A statutory declaration is another online myth which is best ignored.....as it certainly will be by the enforcement company.

Comment

So do you have any advice with the situation as surely no notice of enforcement turning up should have a defence, especially when you doubt they sent it at all?

Comment

If you could provide some background information that would help.

What fees have been added to the debt?

Has the enforcement agent taken control of any goods belonging to the business?

PS: You say that you did not receive the write of control. The reason for this is simple. The writ is the document sent to the enforcement company. It is their legal authority to enforce the debt.

Comment

Ok fees charged so far include:

Compliance Stage Fee £75.00
          First Enforcement Stage Fee £285.00
          Second Enforcement Stage Fee £495.00
          Sale or Disposal Stage Fee £621.00
          Totalling £1,476.00

VAT £295.20

There was nothing to take control of as the company's offices are just working as a registered address for now and they are taken up by other companies that are now operating from the same address. First contact to anyone from the hceo was when he gave a letter to an employee from another business at the office saying he was escalating it to stage 2 as the only employee from the original company was on holiday until the sale or disposal fee was allegedly carried out, again as previously stated only one visit ever occured that we know of whilst no one was present.

I'm just wondering what is there to defend someone against a hceo company not giving any notice of enforcement and just adding costs on?

Comment

How much was the debt that the company were enforcing for?

Comment

it was around £2100

Comment

You have stated that there are no goods within the limited company that can be taken . The enforcement company have charged a 'sale stage fee' of £621. If no goods were identified, then this fee cannot be charged !!

Can you confirm the position regarding assets.

Comment

This sounds very much like the sort of thing DCBL get up to.

Comment

Agree ploddertomLooks like a DCBL, or something the unlamented Sherfarce would do, what goods were taken, stored and sold to ground the fees?

Comment

Not the nice DCBL men from the tele one who I would like o hit with a baseball bat for being an ahole coward

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                        Not the nice DCBL men from the tele one who I would like o hit with a baseball bat for being an ahole coward
                        The ones who are threatening people with Parking Invoices, by adding Collection charges in the
                        hundreds of pounds, who need more than a mild tolchock, and visit from Mr Deltoid to squeeze their nuts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X