• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CRAIG - Newlyns & council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRAIG - Newlyns & council tax

Posted on behalf of new member

I have been clearing a council tax debt with Newlyn, originally the debt was over £ 900. I believed i had cleared the debt. I then received a letter from Newlyn stating i owe £ 55. I had a telephone conversation with a member of staff at Newlyn who said they would look into the previous emails i had sent them. However, they confirmed i did owe £ 55 and it was agreed i would pay £ 20 the following Friday, a further £ 20 the Friday after and then a final £ 15 the Friday after that. I paid the first payment of £ 20 on 20 September and then on Tuesday 24th September i took a call from Newlyn advising me i actually owe over £ 180 as they had added a bailiff fee to my account. The lady i spoke to promised to look into it as i refused to accept the additional cost - she promised to respond to me. I paid the second £ 20 on Friday 27th September and the final £ 15 on Friday 4th October.

Newlyn did not update me following my conversation with them on 24th September and they did not respond to a further email i had sent them. However, today when i returned home from work i had received a letter from them stating i owe a further £ 160. How can this be??

I am really frustrated and worried about this as i have cleared the debt and think its unfair to slap a further charge on me.

I would be grateful if you can help.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X