• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Walking possesion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking possesion

Hi new to here just had the bailiffs round while I was out they made my father sign a walking possesion which is in my name I don't own anything at my fathers house can they come back for the goods even though there not mine all help would be most appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Walking possesion

No, it is an invalid levy. However, your father would be well advised to spend £5 - 10 to get a Statutory Declaration signed stating everything in the house belongs to him (or you can get one stating everything in the house belongs to your father). Any High Street solicitor will do these. An example can be found at Number 2b here:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Useful-Letters

:beagle:

Comment

Can you tell us a little more about the debt owed?

Comment

Yeah thanks the bill was for council tax at another place I lived at before coming back to my parents

Comment

As previous it is an invalid levy, you should contact the council involved and inform them of their bailiff for whom they are 100% liable faux pas, and ask them to control their over eager greedy troll, and instruct him to remove the unlawful levy.

What did he list, a car perchance?

Is the debt to the same council where your parents live, and what bailiff compaany is this?

Comment

Having major problems with a Liability Order and expecting a visit from a shark myself, and hence having made much research......I can concur that the signature isn't really worth the paperwork it's on! And yes you should contact whoever appointed the bailiff as they are vicariously responsible for the bailiffs actions. You could also report the bailiff through, I believe, Justice.org and complain of the actions and request they lose their licence.

Comment

There are a number of questions that need to be asked, viz. -

1. Did the OP's father let the bailiffs in willingly?
              2. Did the bailiffs use coercion in order to gain entry?
              3. Did the bailiffs use deceit in order to gain entry?
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by SickotheCSA View Post
                Having major problems with a Liability Order and expecting a visit from a shark myself, and hence having made much research......I can concur that the signature isn't really worth the paperwork it's on! And yes you should contact whoever appointed the bailiff as they are vicariously responsible for the bailiffs actions. You could also report the bailiff through, I believe, Justice.org and complain of the actions and request they lose their licence.
                It isn't worth reporting the bailiff at this stage. You would be expected to have exhausted internal compaints procedures first. I think (not 100%) other adults with capacity can sign a WPO anyway. That doesn't alter the fact they cannot levy on someone else's goods, UNLESS of course you have joint liability with that person for the debt. Is that the case here?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X