• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    It's even in the Ladybird Book of the Policeman (revised edition) - attached for anyone who has not seen it.
    Yes. I have read the revised edition, as kindly posted by Cloggy. One word of warning, though... If you are thinking of reading it, make sure you are well-stocked with paracetamol tablets. My sides ached after I had finished reading it.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      Yes. I have read the revised edition, as kindly posted by Cloggy. One word of warning, though... If you are thinking of reading it, make sure you are well-stocked with paracetamol tablets. My sides ached after I had finished reading it.
      Those friends going to the toilet together....

Comment

And we wonder why badgers are such shy creatures..

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
          And we wonder why badgers are such shy creatures..
          They don't want Ron Davies to bother them, and they wish to be totally dis-associated from Alistair Darling.

Comment

I've always assumed that badgers are rather downmarket.

Why else would they say "Rough as a badger's ar...........er, bum!"

CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              Why else would they say "Rough as a badger's ar...........er, bum!"
              I wouldn't know, as I've never studied a badger's posterior.

As they have rather sharp claws, however, one might pity someone who might stoop that low.

Comment

That is a very funny book, so much so that i just got told off for laughing too loudly!

Comment

Sorely tempted as I am to continue this, I sense that LBHQ has gone to Defcon 2, & Saffy's finger is hovering over the 'launch' button!
                  :boom:
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                  Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                  gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                  The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    I wouldn't know, as I've never studied a badger's posterior.

As they have rather sharp claws, however, one might pity someone who might stoop that low.
                    They can do quite a bit of damage to a car if you are unlucky enough to collide with one, especially the boar, which is roughly the size of a small pig. An old boss of mine collided with one and ended up with a £300 repair bill to the front of his car.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

On the subject of badgers, here's a good video on the habits of badgers.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X