• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Excel Civil Enforcement - thugs

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    Excel have a contract to collect court fines for HMCTS. I wonder what HMCTS's reaction would be if they saw Post #1?
    They'd either ignore it, as being "apocryphal", or reject it because the Excel bailiff was "only doing his job".

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      They'd either ignore it, as being "apocryphal", or reject it because the Excel bailiff was "only doing his job".
      Sadly, 'tis what the likely outcome is at present. Now if a couple of "hoodies" came and did the same thing obviously without the asking for cash, they would be in jail awaiting a pat on the back, and some Community Payback.
      Last edited by bizzybob; 23rd March 2013, 12:27:PM. Reason: sorting an oops

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        Particularly if a link just happened to drop in their Inbox?
        That can be arranged. I'll PM the OP.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I just pausing at the moment, awaiting the councils feedback fro my complaint that they have to reply to within twenty days. Ive updated the Councillor and MP with some details I've since found out, including one of them not having authority from any court.

Thanks for all your help...ill keep you updated as i hear more. Funnily we have just had our annual council tax bill...

Comment

Hi all,

I am struggling with Excel too. I've had the police out this morning because they were trying to kick my door in at just before 7am. They are threatening and causing me much discomfort. I am disabled and suffer with anxiety and have a four year old child in the house.

They've put levys on two vehicles that are on hire purchase and put so many charges on our account.

I'm in Carmarthenshire so I'm not sure if they would be the same bailiffs but I presume so. I'm about to start a thread myself, but I just thought I'd let you know you're not alone. They are awful.

Charlotte

Comment

Originally posted by CharlotteJ View Post
              Hi all,

I am struggling with Excel too. I've had the police out this morning because they were trying to kick my door in at just before 7am. They are threatening and causing me much discomfort. I am disabled and suffer with anxiety and have a four year old child in the house.

They've put levys on two vehicles that are on hire purchase and put so many charges on our account.

I'm in Carmarthenshire so I'm not sure if they would be the same bailiffs but I presume so. I'm about to start a thread myself, but I just thought I'd let you know you're not alone. They are awful.

Charlotte
              your own thread would be good, but, you are clearly vulnerable so they should observe the national Standards, also any levy they make on a HP vehicle would be faulty, and all fees would have to be removed once proof given.

Comment

Thanks bizzybob. I've started my own thread. I hope I can get it sorted

Comment

Okay guys.

Please be aware that HMCTS Enforcement Operations (South) have been provided with a link to this thread as of this morning and had their attention drawn to Posts 1 and 65.

BB

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have both good and bad news, the good news is that I have had money refunded from the fees I have been charged, the second is that I have withdrawn my complaint. The two are not connected, although it does look dodgy, I withdrew my official complaint because the added stress was detrimental to my health. Throughout the process I was in touch with the Head of Revenue Services at the council – Kerry MacDermot (that is public information as her name is at the bottom of all CT letters and is on their website..but ill not publish her email here). She obviously likes not knowing what her contractors do in her name, but she has been reasonably fair. She is fully aware as to why I’ve retracted my complaint but didn’t put up a fight for me to continue.

When I sent my complaint to the council a few unusual things happened, first a coincidental demand for this years CT, then a demand for money or bailiffs would be sent and then another demand for money. The first was genuine coincidence, the second I had to phone the council, their person on the phone was very understanding, she was shocked by the amount of charges Excel added but we resolved the matter. She told me that she can see the information Excel hold about my account, but they cannot see hers. It was clear we had paid Excel so that was easily resolved. The latter one was similar to the normal CT demand but for more than the first letter we received. The numbers on it did not match to anything else we had, even if we hadn’t paid what we owe, the numbers still didn’t match. Again, we phoned the council, they told us they were awaiting payment of £40ish from Excel, as they had not paid the council, the council were adding that, plus the first court costs, plus instructing bailiff fees, plus the original amount, plus the amount for this year. When we explained – again – that we had paid excel and the case was closed, it turns out that Excel had withheld £40ish (which is interesting as we paid the last payment of £60ish). Because they had not given the council the final amount we were still being billed for the original amount. One can only guess Excel know I will be billed again if they don’t pay.

If you recall my first post, I had said I kept pressing and repressing buttons on my phone when trying to take photos/video. The other day I happened to be looking through my photos and saw one I must have accidently taken, the interesting thing is that is shows Mr Howells foot in contact with my door! The council have told me Mr Howells certification expires in 2014, unlike HMCTS who tell me it is currently out of date. It would be interesting to see when his new certificate starts? (HMCTS register still has no trace of Mr Howell as of ten minutes ago).

I do feel I’ve let you guys down by not continuing with my complaint, it’s just too much stress. Although I do feel some vindication from receiving a refund of some of their fees, I just don’t have an apology and acknowledgement of their wrong doing. I will be in touch with the councillor and MP again and will forward them all my evidence for their files. Although I would hope the councillor would continue to ask questions.

Thanks for all your help everyone, and ill keep you updated with the MP and councillor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob0000 View Post
                      Hi everyone,

I have both good and bad news, the good news is that I have had money refunded from the fees I have been charged, the second is that I have withdrawn my complaint. The two are not connected, although it does look dodgy, I withdrew my official complaint because the added stress was detrimental to my health. Throughout the process I was in touch with the Head of Revenue Services at the council – Kerry MacDermot (that is public information as her name is at the bottom of all CT letters and is on their website..but ill not publish her email here). She obviously likes not knowing what her contractors do in her name, but she has been reasonably fair. She is fully aware as to why I’ve retracted my complaint but didn’t put up a fight for me to continue.

When I sent my complaint to the council a few unusual things happened, first a coincidental demand for this years CT, then a demand for money or bailiffs would be sent and then another demand for money. The first was genuine coincidence, the second I had to phone the council, their person on the phone was very understanding, she was shocked by the amount of charges Excel added but we resolved the matter. She told me that she can see the information Excel hold about my account, but they cannot see hers. It was clear we had paid Excel so that was easily resolved. The latter one was similar to the normal CT demand but for more than the first letter we received. The numbers on it did not match to anything else we had, even if we hadn’t paid what we owe, the numbers still didn’t match. Again, we phoned the council, they told us they were awaiting payment of £40ish from Excel, as they had not paid the council, the council were adding that, plus the first court costs, plus instructing bailiff fees, plus the original amount, plus the amount for this year. When we explained – again – that we had paid excel and the case was closed, it turns out that Excel had withheld £40ish (which is interesting as we paid the last payment of £60ish). Because they had not given the council the final amount we were still being billed for the original amount. One can only guess Excel know I will be billed again if they don’t pay.

If you recall my first post, I had said I kept pressing and repressing buttons on my phone when trying to take photos/video. The other day I happened to be looking through my photos and saw one I must have accidently taken, the interesting thing is that is shows Mr Howells foot in contact with my door! The council have told me Mr Howells certification expires in 2014, unlike HMCTS who tell me it is currently out of date. It would be interesting to see when his new certificate starts? (HMCTS register still has no trace of Mr Howell as of ten minutes ago).

I do feel I’ve let you guys down by not continuing with my complaint, it’s just too much stress. Although I do feel some vindication from receiving a refund of some of their fees, I just don’t have an apology and acknowledgement of their wrong doing. I will be in touch with the councillor and MP again and will forward them all my evidence for their files. Although I would hope the councillor would continue to ask questions.

Thanks for all your help everyone, and ill keep you updated with the MP and councillor.
                      Rob,

Don't beat yourself up. Find out which court issued Mr Howells' certificate and send a copy of the photo of Mr Howells' foot in your door with a letter to the District Judge. That is, if you want to do so. Just remember that HMCTS have an active link to this thread and Excel is one of their contractors. Their contract ends in May this year and their behaviour, as evidenced by this thread, may have an effect on their tender for the new contract.

Comment

I forgot to say, in my chats with the head of finance of Pembs County council, she said she was unaware of Local Government Ombudsman rulings on fees that are being charged such at the van fee and redemption fee. Additionally she said she will forward those rulings to Excel for thier comment. They have previously sent her a court ruling that favours their version of collecting beer money - she did say she hasn't sent me the ruling as it's "complicated", I haven't told her that I have two bachelors degrees so feel I could understand such matters..but I will do that now so you guys can see how they justify thier fees. It's a bit alarming that she is unaware of regulations that govern her work.

Comment

Rob, the council officers either believe the bailiffs or haven't read the requisite legislation they are applyiig or if they have don't actually undersant it or its correct application.

Comment

Please be aware that HMCTS Enforcement Operations (South) have been provided with a link to this thread as of this morning and had their attention drawn to Posts 1 and 65.
                            And?

Comment

Courtesy to let others know the thread can be monitored by HMCTS now they have the relevant link. If their monitoring of the thread has an effect on Excel's tender for the HMCTS fines contract, then something positive will have been achieved.

Comment

Courtesy to let others know the thread can be monitored by HMCTS now they have the relevant link.
                                And I thank you for that.

If their monitoring of the thread has an effect on Excel's tender for the HMCTS fines contract, then something positive will have been achieved.
                                :flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::f lypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::fly pig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypi g::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig: :flypig::flypig::flypig:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X