• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiffs seized my Precious/Car!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiffs seized my Precious/Car!

Certified Bailiffs called at my home at 8am & on identifying my vehicle informed me of their intent to remove it forthwith as I had 'A' unpaid Parking Fine (from some Months previous - Local County Council), although I knew of this (Ticket still in Glove Box), I informed the Bailiff there had been NO Correspondence prior! and that this had been an oversight. An immediate payment of some £400 was demanded, which could not be met. The car (valued approx.£1,500) was taken - shortly after being physically 'Blocked-in' by their truck, and has since been re-sold! Do I have any legal stance to complain? It has left a very bitter taste! Thank's, Bob
    Tags: None

Re: Bailiffs seized my Precious/Car!

Originally posted by bobst View Post
    Do I have any legal stance to complain?
    Yes.

How was it sold and how much for?

Comment

Which bunch of house-trained baboons was responsible for this? It sounds to me that the seizure and subsequent sale may well be unlawful, if not, illegal. Have you moved home in between getting the ticket and the house-trained baboons appearing?
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        Which bunch of house-trained baboons was responsible for this? It sounds to me that the seizure and subsequent sale may well be unlawful, if not, illegal. Have you moved home in between getting the ticket and the house-trained baboons appearing?
        Thanks BB for your quick Reply. We never moved but we had problems with the Postal Service for a good while due to our Regular Postie having health issues! i.e. Parcels from 'Amazon' weren't Delivered & Marked as 'Address Unknown'!
        So you think a Solicitor might take up my Case? - its been a few months now. A week or two after the seizure my neighbour remarked "I see you got your car back then Bob"!? (he'd seen it around Town) - Alas twas not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Yes.

How was it sold and how much for?
          I have no idea. I just found out through a neighbour when he passed a casual remark (thinking I'd got it back) - He'd seen it around town a week or two later!! I've had no other correspondence from ANY Source.
          Thank you for your interest. Bob

Comment

In the turmoil/shock of the event and in desperation/despair I managed to get a phone call through to my local CAB at 0830hrs who's only advice was "...well if they have a Court Order then they can take it" !! It was at this point that I had resigned to the fact that my only means of transport was going to be confiscated - I had to just sit and watch, along with a neighbour who was equally in disbelief.

Comment

Anyway, thank you for the input all but I just rang a Local Solicitor and he said if the car is already sold then there's nothing he can do. Apparently I should of sought Legal Advice at the time of the incident! - *However as I've mentioned earlier, the initial guidance given (by the 'Citizens Advice Bureau') was that I had no Right to intervene & that they were acting firmly within the bounds of Law; Hence my smoldering anger & lack of optimism to resolve matters through other Legal Channels.

Comment

Both the CAB and the solicitor were wrong, of course.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X