• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

baliff newlyn plc/data protection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baliff newlyn plc/data protection

firstly I want to thank everyone for their help, advice and the letter formats available form here
    very helpful in dealing with newlyns ( they reall dont like it when you question their illegal fees)
    I sent them a letter asking subject access request for data protection act for copies of alleged recorded phone chats and detail of bailiff who allegedly came my home who allegedly had may signature also detail of when why how i was being charged for car removal when car was neighbours I even sent them a cheque for the £10.00 to cover fees which they cashed b4 xmas however not heard nothing back from them ( according to basildon council all fees have been removed) but I have not heard back for newlyns was wondering what do about them now being in breach of not responding to the data protection hpe this makes sense thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: baliff newlyn plc/data protection

Have you sent them a reminder?

Comment

A polite reminder with a short deadline, followed by a complaint to the ICO for non-compliance if the reminder doesn't do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
        A polite reminder with a short deadline, followed by a complaint to the ICO for non-compliance if the reminder doesn't do the trick.

Hi yes sent them a reminder back in december last year they did not respond to letter, they cashed the cheque 24th oct was "kind" as was over xmas so i thought give bit extra time over the 40 days which i understand is the deadline for responding to this. but as it now nearly end feb kinda thinking they taking the Mickey just a bit after speaking to council tax office to find out how much left on debt is they told me that all other fees had been removed from newlyn bill But I have not heard from the bailiffs saying this or had any details of above mentioned. data that i asked for so called proving that they had visited, charged for removal of car and levy fees etc

Comment

In which case you need to complain to the ICO with proof of postage, and if sent recorded delivery, proof of receipt, as well as something showing encashment of the £10.00. They will then almost certainly ask them to comply within a shorter timescale and ask you to report back if they don't.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X