• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EQUITA - Bailiff Removal - 24 hour Payment due in full

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EQUITA - Bailiff Removal - 24 hour Payment due in full

I got a hand delivered letter today from Equita.
    It demands the full outstanding payment on my Council Tax bill yet does not state the amount.

Thanks to my reading this site, I am now going to attempt to contact the bailiff with a proposal to make an arrangement to pay monthly.
    I shall be asking him to supply me with a full breakdown of costs.
    I also shall require a letter of confirmation of the arrangement.

I've dealt with Equita before and they lie through their teeth - even denying that an arrangement that I'd kept to had been made.
    Now, I know that I possibly may get the breaksdown of costs.
    As for the confirmation of arrangements - I won't get that.

As I thought, I got the bailiff's recorded message telling me he'll call back, but if i don't hear within an hour to call him again. I left a message. I also text him the message I left.

Now I suppose I just play the waiting game . . . .

Any advice please?
    Tags: None

Re: EQUITA - Bailiff Removal - 24 hour Payment due in full

Stop ringing them unless you can record the call, amazing what they seem to forget otherwise. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
    1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
    2 - the dates they were obtained
    3 - the addresses they were for
    4 - the period of time each covers
    5 - how much each one was for
    6 - how much is still outstanding
    7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
    8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Don't pay the Bailiff, pay the Council direct using online banking, Council website or automated phone, you may have to allow for lawful fees.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X