• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Magsitrate Court Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Magsitrate Court Fine

When I moved from my old house to my new house last July I didn't need a TV License in my old place so I had completely forgotten about it in my new one. My circumstances had changed as I did need a new one for my new property. A gentleman came around from TV Licensing and I had said to him I had completely forgotten. I started up a payment plan and I thought that was that. It turns out it wasn't and I was taken to court in December for not having a license at the time the gentleman had called. I had just started a new job doing nights so my routine consisted of bed, work, eat, bed, work eat and I had let my concentration lapse when it came to taking care of letters etc. I was found guilty in my absence, (I have only started getting my house in order recently) and fined £275. On Friday I received a letter from Marstons saying I hadn't paid the fine, which I obviously hadn't and that they were expecting payment in full for the amount of £360 by Monday 25th. I have been working all weekend so I have just sat down and tried to get my head around it now. Is it possible to pay my court fine at its original value either all in one shot, or in installments or has that ship sailed? I understand that bailiffs can be dealt with, with the right course of action but ideally I would like to end this chapter as cheaply and as quickly as possible as although I can handle myself, my partner would be less up for the fight!

I can pay the £275 tomorrow if necessary, but it would put me in a bit of a bind so knowing I could pay it say in 2 installments would be great. I know I was stupid and careless and this is turning out to be a very expensive lesson.
    Tags: None

Re: Marston Magsitrate Court Fine

The £360 are legitimate charges comprising the £275 fine and a £85 Administration Fee from Marstons. As long as you received a Further Steps Notice in your letters, I would recommend you pay this full amount as soon as possible. If you delay, you risk them attending your property (regardless of whether or not your are there) which will add a further £215 to the bill.

Your best option is to pay as quickly as possible I'm afraid. If they come out, they will charge the extra £215 which will be significantly harder for to find.

Have a read of this which sets out the procedure, and what you should do if you cannot afford the fine:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...s-Courts-Fines

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X