• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to Stop Bailliffs in their tracks!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Stop Bailliffs in their tracks!!

I hope this helps someone else!!

I Have recently had (another!) issue with JBW Bailiffs working on behalf of TFL.
    A vehicle we had transferred to a motor trader almost 2 years ago began to get penalty charges - which of course came straight back to us as the trader had not altered the log book after selling it. luckily i had sent off the 'transfer to trader' section to dvla originally.
    everyone was happy that we were not the registered keeper of the car at the time of offence except - you guessed it - JBW!!

After much clamping , shouting and arguing / emails /wasted telephone calls etc.( we all know that feeling) i spoke to the police. who couldn't (wouldn't ?) get involved.

And then - A REVELATION !!!

I got on to THE LONDON ASSEMBLY website. Found and emailed the Member for my area (lambeth) , and recieved a very prompt reply.( thankyou Valerie Shawcross!)
    Not only did they agree that the JBW had acted illegally , but made TFL admit the same to us!! The whole thing was over within 24hrs!!

I have now started to get the ball rolling on a class action lawsuit against both TFL and JBW , as i cannot be the only one they have Harrassed illegally.
    Oh, and surprise surprise. AFTER the action was dropped, the local police now agree it was definitely harrassment and should never have been allowed to go unchecked.
    Please do not hesitate to contact the london assembly member for your area if you feel bailiffs are flouting the rules- any ghost calls lately? - they can and will help you. lets put an end to these illegal bullies.
    Tags: None

Re: How to Stop Bailliffs in their tracks!!

Sounds like Boris Johnson went round to New Scotland Yard and gave Bernard Hogan-Howe an earful who, in turn, gave the Borough Commander for Lambeth an ear-bashing.

As for Valerie Shawcross.... :hail::hail::hail:

A class action lawsuit against TfL and, especially, JBW is a move in the right direction. Jamie Waller needs to learn that he and his house-trained baboons cannot do what they like and there is recourse against their often illegal actions. Try and aim for a compulsory winding-up order against JBW if you can. A company director disqualification order against Jamie Waller for failing to keep his baboons in order would be the icing on the cake. An investigation by HMRC is likely to pee him off big time. Yes, stir them all up. The more, the merrier.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks bluebottle. i intend to give them a bick a kick in the proverbials as i can. with a large steel toecapped boot.!!!

Comment

Send TFL and JBW an invoice for your expenses incurred if they ignore 7 day letter before action, of small claims court, Wonder if JBW have any CCJs?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          JBW ... house-trained baboons
          How do you know they're house-trained?

For all we know, their lair might be strewn with straw or wood shavings, and needs to be "mucked out" every morning.

Comment

Calling them "house-trained baboons" is being polite, CC. What I actually think of certificated bailiffs is too strong to be posted on a public forum.

Remember when someone called Norman Tebbit "a house-trained polecat"? I think you'll find they were were tactful. What they actually thought of him was far ruder.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X