• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help to calculate overpayment of bailiff charges/ fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to calculate overpayment of bailiff charges/ fees

Hello,

I would really appreciate help in calculating excess bailiffs charges/fees.

The breakdown is as follows:
    1st penalty charge
    Breakdown of charges Net Vat Total

Penalty Charge £155.00 £0.00 £155.00
    Letter Fee £ 11.20 £1.96 £ 13.16
    Levy Charges £103.24 £18.07 £121.31
    Attendance to remove £175.00 £30.62 £205.62
    VAT £ 1.00
    Debit Card Charge £ 1.00 £50.65 £496.09

Fine 2:

Penalty Charge £155.00 £0.00 £155.00
    Letter Fee £ 11.20 £ 1.96 £ 13.16
    Levy Charges £103.24 £18.07 £121.31
    VAT £20.02 £289.47

This was rounded down to £731.05.

Arrived at my place of work at 7am to clamp vehicle and said I had until 11am otherwise vehicle would be seized and removed. warrant was issued to my old address and I had received no letters from bailiffs etc. I am preparing to write directly to Hammersmith and Fulham. This happened in July 2010 for PCNs issued in December 2006.

Also can someone clarify this for me- is it against the law to levy charges twice when collecting on two unpaid fines at the same time? Should they have phoned back to the TEC when I advised them of the incorrect address on the warrant? Was 7am until 11am reasonable time for me to get funds together to pay this fine,. particularly as I had received no letters etc from bailiff?

Any advice gratefully received!
    Tags: None

Re: Help to calculate overpayment of bailiff charges/ fees

They shouldn't apply multiple charges on one visit, did they levy the same items/vehicle on each levy, as if they did only the first one is valid, they are effectively seizing their own property after the first levy, if they seize the same items. What bailiffs were these JBW perchance? Other Beagles will be along soon to point you in the right direction

Comment

CXontact the TEC ASAP, explain you did not receive anything as you had moved, they should email you some forms and if you can get them returned before 4pm they should be dealt with the same day. If accepted halts all enforcement action.

Comment

Sounds like JBW's modus operandi. Probably was JBW (Jamie's Brainless Wonks).
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          Sounds like JBW's modus operandi. Probably was JBW (Jamie's Brainless Wonks).
          Probably is JBW, this is a reclaim fees though OP says it happened in 2010, so maybe small claims track, once dodgy fees are itemised and identified, Letter Before Action to Waller requesting refund of the unlawful fees, then 7 day letter stating Court and bailiffs if they lose to sieze goods.....

Comment

Op has already paid up in 2010, is looking to reclaim some fees.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
              Op has already paid up in 2010, is looking to reclaim some fees.
              Thank you for advice so far - I very much appreciate the help I receive from you folk on this forum! It restores my faith in everything!!

Just to clarify my original post I wanted to know if there if anyone can identify from the fees I posted what is the total of the excess charges I should be looking to reclaim. These were charges from Marston's for an incident on July 14th 2010. Once excess charges are identified should I write to Head of Environment ( repsonsible for parking enforcement) at the Local Authority London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham in the first instance?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X