• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

JACOBS demanding large minimum payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACOBS demanding large minimum payment

Hi, can someone give me some advise please. I received these two notice of enforcement letters from Jacobs, today. I have phoned them to agree some sort of payment plan and offered to pay £10 a month on each . This was immediately rejected and I was told I have to clear the debt within 6 months. I continued to stress that I couldnt afford this due to other debts and my financial situation. The operator then informed me the least the would take is £50 a month on each and that is with a financial statement. He has emailed me the financial statement and has also requested 3 months bank statements. The account is now on hold for 14 days. Where do I stand with this? I cannot afford £50 a month.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Is this for Council Tax? Did you know the outstanding was owing and did you get notice of the Council's intention to see a Liability Order for each - I assume they are for different years.

Comment

yes I was aware it was owing but stupidly buried my head in the sand so to speak. It is for two separate years yes

Comment

OK be back later.

Comment

Ok any help would be greatfully recieved as im getting the threats and forcefull manner from them.

Comment

You have some grace yet as they should not be doing much before about 29 September and even then they have no rights of entry - but will charge an enforcement fee of £235 (which they can only charge once for both debts together). However anything of value outside may be at risk - particularly a car - so best to hide it or put it on a neighbours drive.

Comment

Im more than happy to make payment but I just cant afford £50 a month. Do they have to accept what I offer?

Comment

You certainly can't get blood out of a stone. Council Tax is classed as a priority debt and you will be expected to reduce some other payments to compensate. Things like credit cards, store cards should be reduced to minimum payments, going on holiday may be seen as an extravagance as may a top of the range subscription to the likes of Sky when there are other plans available. It is for these reasons that they ask for your Income & Expentiture and see if these can be backed up by your bank statements. If you wre on Benefits then they could make an attachment to these whereby payments are deducted at source and this is one of the reasons they turned down your £10 a month offer as that is less than the approx £5 a week they would alternatively get. If you work then they could seek an Attachment of Earnings which depending on how much take home pay you have could be subject to a large payment each week/month.

It isn't easy but I was hoping someone else would look in who may be able to sort something out with Jacobs for you but as yet have not heard back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X