• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent!! Need info re Merton council Bailiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urgent!! Need info re Merton council Bailiff

I have spoken to the council and they just refer me back to the bailiffs
    I have however instigated an investigation into the charges levied by the bailiff in question with the Councils revenue section Complaints dept who are hoping top speak to the bailiffs manager in the morning to get the account put on hold until the excess charges are sorted out
    Education is a fine thing Just so long as you can afford to live whist studying!!

Comment

Originally posted by shooter View Post
      I've just had a call from the councils complaint office stating that if I pay just the £266 then The bailiffs will talke their charges 1st and I will still owe money for Council Tax
      Can they do that?
      What rubbish. You are paying the council directly. How can the money possibly go to the bailiff first for their cut.

Comment

Ok, I think a good plan would be thus:

1. Pay the council. Whether the bailiffs take the fees or not is between them and the council.

2. Contact your local councillor in the morning to intercede with the council to call off the bailiffs as the matter is in dispute. They carry a lot more clout than people think. You can find out who is your local councillor here: Local councils : Directgov - Directories

3. Report the bailiff to the court which certified him for charging excessive fees.

4. Write to both the bailiff company and the council outlining your complaint and asking for a copy of their complaints procedure. The council retains responsibility for the bailiffs it employs, so do not let them fob you off.

Comment

Bailiffs are certificated not certified.

Comment

The way they think people should pay for unlawful charges, they should be :santa_wink:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X