• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Collective Investment Schemes) (

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Collective Investment Schemes) (

The Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Collective Investment Schemes) (Amendment) (No.2) Order 2008 No. 1813
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Re: Collective Investment Schemes: Does a purchase between family constitute a CIS

Hi I was wondering whether anyone can help. We as a family invested in a property purchase and drafted an agreement (without the advise of a solicitor). However the property suffered a huge drop in value after the property crash. We have been holding onto the property until the value reaches a decent level with a view to sell. We are being sued by family members for the original amount plus interest stating that what we did constituted a collective investment scheme or a loan where we were not qualified to enact. Any views will be appreciated. We have engaged solicitors and counsel who seem to state that we have a good case to defend but would be grateful for feedback as costs we can claim are limited even if we win as its in a county court. Also as the claim collectively is 250K I was wondering whether this exceeded the limit in county courts!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X