• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • Please note that LegalBeagles is a public forum and the main areas are accessible to all, and as such, please take care your username or posts do not identify you. There is no need to post claim numbers, names or precise amounts to get support with your case. When uploading documents please ensure that you have properly redacted your personal details. Thank you.

DCA Reconstituted work of fiction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DCA Reconstituted work of fiction

This is quite new to me, but I will respond to Cabot when I see what they send next.

I have usually written to the DCA, but I could email as this is provable and considerably cheaper, but speeds up the whole process.

But snail mail certainly slows it down, despite costing more.

Which is the best option please?

Comment

I don't know about Cabot but lowell always reply that as they do not have the email address on file they can not communicate over it, well I don't want to have a two way conversation, just send them letters.

The other thing I do is have a separate email address to my main personal one, this can be another one on your main ISP , BT give me 10 I think, or one of the many easy disposable email addresses, yahoo, gmail, mail.com the list goes on.

I also add that I the email address is not for replies as it is not monitored , seems to work. They usually send you an acknowledgement which I always keep, just in case

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleMinion View Post
        This is quite new to me, but I will respond to Cabot when I see what they send next.

I have usually written to the DCA, but I could email as this is provable and considerably cheaper, but speeds up the whole process.

I think signed for snail mail is the safest for keeping a checkable paper trail, so IF this ever reached a court hearing with the same rubbish submitted to support the claim you say look at this judge I told them the agreement was no good months ago.

One case like this just a few months ago Cabot were well played and beaten ona recon agreement and wrote to the defendant to ask why the recon failed, the defendant declined to answer a few weeks later the claim was withdrawn.

nem
        The advice I give and draft letters provided are drawn from personal experience and career training and are given freely and without liability.

Please make your own decisions with care and if necessary seek qualified legal advice. I will not advise by private message. If you'd like me to look at your post please tag me in your post by typing @nemesis45;.

If you receive messages from anyone offering advice for a fee please report it to the site team.

Animo et fide.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleMinion View Post

When you are taken to court you want the fastest route because time is of the essence, however, in this case you want to slow down rather than speed up the process.

You don't need to send each and every letter recorded delivery, that's only essential for the most important ones such as a CCA or SAR request, a response to a letter of claim or a CPR request once a claim has been issued, basically anything that requires proof that it was sent and received for legal purposes. Most other letters can be sent by regular post and you can just get a certificate of posting and attach it to your copy of the letter, in fact they can be sent second class, saves money and takes longer. :thumb:

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X