• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Repossession

    Defence Form - Mortgaged Residential

    This form has provision for detailing your income and expenditure and enables you to make a repayment proposal to sort out the arrears on your mortgage which has cause the reposession action to be taken.

    If you receive a claim for reposession from the courts please post up the information on the claim form with details of arrears and previous communications with the mortgage lender as soon as possible.

    First step would usually be to contact the lender and find out where they stand with regards to cancelling the reposession proceedings if you pay off the arrears or come to a payment arrangement prior to court.

    The claim form will have a date for a court hearing on it.

    We would advise you to attend the court hearing, even if you have replied to the claim form.

    Some people may be intimidated by the idea of appearing before a judge - in reality it’s an opportunity for you to submit your payment proposal privately. There will only be the district judge and the solicitor for the landlord/lender present in the room with you.

    If the district judge believes your offer is reasonable he or she might grant a suspended possession order. This means that you will be able to stay in your home providing you continue to pay the ongoing rent/mortgage plus the agreed amount towards your arrears.

    If you don’t comply with the terms of the suspended possession order the lender can apply for an “Eviction Warrant” without further court action. Once an eviction warrant is in force the court bailiffs will set a date to visit your property and ensure that it has been vacated.
    Common Sense .... if in doubt, use it !

    If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page.

    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

    Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

    Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com


No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

sign up now

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm