• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Acting by Lowell Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Acting by Lowell Solicitors

Hi guys

I'm new here, but this seems like the right place to ask for some assistance.

October 2015: After some horrendous service from Vodafone, at the end of my 18 month contract I informed them of my intention to cancel. However I was then persuaded by Retentions to upgrade with them.

Not only did it arrive late, but I discovered that they didn't deliver what the friendly Irishman promised me in terms of both data and price. Now, even angrier than before at Vodafone's non-existent customer service, I called to cancel the upgrade. This was only a couple days after the phone was delivered, and just over a week after my telephone call agreeing to the upgrade; well within my statutory right of 14 days.

So now I'm on the phone, expressing my wish to cancel the upgrade. They tell me that there is some sort of issue with their system and it can't be processed, but a note would be put on file that my notice has been lodged within 14 days. This "issue with their system" persisted for a couple of months, I kept calling them, waiting 30-60 minutes on hold on each occasion, passed from pillar to post, 1 department to another, and every time they told me the same thing; I needn't worry, they will resolve it and process my cancellation as soon as they can. All the while, my contract was still running, but I didn't even take the phone out of it's packaging.

So now it's around December and I enter into a new contract with EE. I then call Vodafone for my PAC code and transfer my number across. This triggered the cancellation with the ongoing Vodafone contract and they decided to classify it as an Early Termination, and bill me for the remainder of the 18 months. I obviously disputed this, and continued to attempt to get this mess that they made cleared up but to no avail.

Months went by and after hours upon hours of telephone calls, I left them to it. I soon discovered that they had now passed my "debt" onto their debt recovery agency. I then explained the whole situation to them, who - after many letters and months gone by - eventually realised there was no basis for this claim and left me alone. I can admit I wasn't the most cooperative with them, but only because of the amount of hours wasted and stress caused by repeatedly explaining it to those horrid people at Vodafone.

1 year later, around early 2017 (rough estimate), I now begin to receive letters from Lowell, stating the "debt" had been sold to them. They send letter after letter demanding around £1,200 from me and I think I've contacted them twice at best to set the record straight with them. I refuse to cooperate because it has been unbelievably tiresome and exhausting going through it again and again.

On the 22nd February 2018, they have now sent me a letter headed "Notice of Acting" - explaining that the case has been referred to their in-house solicitors and they intend to initiate litigation proceedings in due course.

I haven't contacted them since as far as I can remember, but now that they have forced my hand, I'm wondering what my best course of action is. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
    Tags: None

Hi PowerOfLaw Apologies that your post seems to have been missed, thank you to MIKE770 for flagging it up

You will need to send them a letter detailing the issues with the 'debt' to put them off taking it to court.

I would also get a SAR over to Vodafone to see what they hold about your case - particuarly ask for call logs and screen notes.

What happened with the handset - was it returned ?

I'm just tagging Lee Vodafone Company Rep to see if he will be able to help at all firstly. I don't think there is an urgency with the Notice of Acting, they would need to send a formal Letter before Claim in anycase which gives you 30 days to dispute the debt and ask for documents before they could take any court action.

It all just sounds like an admin cock up Vodafone's end and it is entirely unfair that you are having to deal with this.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi PowerofLaw,

I can appreciate that this has been a frustrating experience for you.

So I can access your account to see what's happened previously, please email me via the form here,

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
      I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Thank you Lee xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

You're welcome Amethyst.

Hopefully the OP will return to the thread so we can get to the bottom of the situation they've posted about.

Kind regards,

Lee
          I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X