• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Iv came to the conclusion I'm stupid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iv came to the conclusion I'm stupid

I cancelled the direct debit March, the payment is pending and said I had to wait for the payment to show on my bank statement.my heads in bits

Comment

I'm not surprised, you have a lot to deal with. Can you see on online bAnking if this is a DD or card payment? and can you check your set up authorities, dds and standing orders ? Make sur there's nothing there that shouldn't be? Also you mentioned rent etc was due out today ? Have you spoken to anyone you were meant to pay today from that money amigo have taken to let them know if the problem ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by sharron22 View Post
        I dunno if you're getting mad at me, but I was only seeking advice on what to do and how to handle it
        I can't see anyone getting mad at you - the problem is that where debt advice is concerned we are all just amateurs giving our experience and 'wisdom' to help others navigate the situation. Actual debt advice is something that is a regulated activity and people such as CAB have a licence

I am wondering , and you may well not remember, but could it have been that you gave your debit card details at some point

As Amethyst says, a DD should show immediately on your account but a card transaction can take several days . It does however seem very odd that it has taken 6 months for then to take any money

Comment

I can't remember now, but if I did does that mean I can't ask for my money back?. sorry just feeling a little sensitive right now any advice will help.and be greatly appreciated

- - - Updated - - -

I rang my Council this morning explained the situation told them my tax credits are due on Tuesday and would pay them then, they were ok about it. iv never missed a rent payment all the time I have lived here

Comment

I just checked DD, standing orders, pending payments, nothing that shouldn't be there

Comment

Sharron, no one is angry with you love.

We are frustrated with ourselves for not being able to help quick enough

I would suggest calling Amgio and explaining in the first place, despite what your daughter says. Be honest with them and tell them she's dropped you in it and can you make an arrangement to pay a lower amount until she is in a position to take over the payments herself. They may send you an expenditure form, DON'T PANIC it's normal.

When you get it I am sure that we can help you fill it in. Be honest with your amounts, don't feel like you have to make larger payments, if you can only afford £2 a month, tell them!!

I would also give your daughter and her partner a timescale to sort this out and start to make payments again! It's hard I know but even if she made half of the payment arrangement it's a start!
              PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Hello Sharron 22.

I completely understand your predicament (I personally regularly step in to sort my daughter's mess) but the situation you face with Amigo may be a legal one which needs to be addressed on that basis.

So my first question has to be was this a secured or unsecured loan and if so (secured loan) what was the loan secured on? Amigo were/are more than happy to secure the loan on a third party's property such as the loan guarantor.

Amigo has/had a reputation of offering loans to borrowers who may not have been eligible based on their own financial criteria .This meant they priced the loan on the poor credit rating of the applicant even though it was guaranteed by a third party with a better credit rating.

The 'unfair relationship' issue may kick in. Maybe not.

When was this loan account opened and how much was it for (my apologies if that important fact has already been posted on this thread) ?

Di
                Last edited by Diana M; 11th September 2017, 22:29:PM. Reason: additional info/questions

Comment

Originally posted by slainte caragh View Post
                  We are frustrated with ourselves for not being able to help quick enough

I would suggest calling Amgio and explaining in the first place!
                  But maybe help with the legal issues can only be given once they (legal issues) have been identified?

Calling Amigo may/may not be the way forward.

Di

Comment

Hi, Di, I think the loan was unsecured, I don't own my property I rent it from my housing association Gentoo. yes, my daughter and her husband both have a bad credit history. where mine (was ) clean... the loan was for almost £9,000 for them to consolidate a few loans they had then, their car broke down so I got them a loan from Tesco to get a car for him for work. also, a Currys card to help them for Christmas. in fact they never stopped wanting.
                    they promised me this would not happen. they walked away and left me to deal with all of this which is over whelming for me so apologise if I seem I'm running around like a headless chicken, cos I am, sorry. so this morning I see the payment taken from my account £296,34 and I don't think it is a DD payment looks like a card payment. can I claim this back from my bank It's left me no money in my bank. my Tax credits went in so thankfully I can go pay my rent. I also went to change my bank yesterday I got a no frills account and the lady who was lovely and very understanding said that kind of payments aren't switched. thank you all for your time and patience. this site is one of the best I know of ty ty ty for all your replies

Comment

For info https://www.amigoloans.co.uk/loans/t...ment_authority

You do need to get the CPA cancelled with Amigo and the bank - I have a letter somewhere two mins. Edit: stepchange have a template and info here https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info...ts-or-cpa.aspx

Also there is quite a bit of other info on that page for nOn homeowner guarantors.

What you need right now is breathing space so you can work out where you are and get ducks in a row.

This won't help the immediate situation but will enable you to check any potential legal arguments further along - http://legalbeagles.info/library/gui...etter-example/. - so I would get that sent off asap.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

so do I have a chance of getting my money back

Comment

There is certainly no harm in trying

I think there may be a problem is amigo can show you also entered into a CPA and gave them your card number but my understanding is that they would refund your money and then investigate and possible then redebit your account.

It is so difficult to know without actually being 100% sure of the facts

Comment

I really hope so that's all the money I had till payday

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                              I'm not aware of the OP having a litigation issue.

No legal proceedings have been threatened and no court claim issued.

There's a difference between giving legal help and debt advice. A law firm must be specifically authorised by the FCA to do that (give debt advice).

Di

No indication that OP had a litigation issue - BUT needs assistance and advice/opinion on the issue from Knowledge of experianced opinions requested, as per the use of these type forums or opinion? = even a discussion as most post are on these forums!

Comment

Originally posted by sharron22 View Post
                                I really hope so that's all the money I had till payday
                                That you had no warning of the payment being taken and have had nothing taken for what, 6 months?, should be enough for it to be reversed and investigated - and in the meantime you can be sorting things out with Amigo ( breathing space / temporary payment plan etc ) while you look into the loan legailities/enforceability etc and longer term actions.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X