• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Online insurance issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online insurance issues

Hi, is anyone available to give me some advice with online insurance please ?

Today I did an online insurance quote and was excepted, I paid the deposit as specified and and it was withdrawn from my bank, was then left a message on the online page to contact a number before the insurance was activated. I rang the number and they said that the quote they had given me online was not enough and said I would have to pay a few hundred more. I said I didn't want to go ahead as it was not what they had quoted previously, they now won't refund my money until three working days. Is this lea gal?
    Tags: None

Re: Online insurance issues

If the trader has not yet claimed the money your bank can stop the payment, so you won't have to await a refund.
    Phone bank immediately and try!

Could you give a link to the online insurers, I would like to check out there T&Cs.

Comment

Thanks for reply, they have already taken the money, they say it's in a holding account and will be refunded in 3 to 5 days. I don't know how to do a link but it's Right Choice insurance.

Comment

Did they say what the reason was for increasing the premium?
        Looking on line , it seems this company has a reputation for giving a quote, taking the money and then "following preactivation checks" (whatever that might be) ask for more.

As your policy had not attached they should not be charging you anything, and IMO they should refund the money immediately.
        Be careful they don't deduct an "administration charge", another of their tricks.

Comment

The reason they said was increase because of a new law, my son who would have been a named driver and they said they thought he would have been the main driver, which wasn't the case. The reason was they thought we were insuring the car for my son.

Comment

I assume you told them that you were the main driver.
            How many cars in the family, and how many drivers? Are there more drivers than cars in the household?
            Other than that what evidence did they produce to surmise that your proposal was fraudulent (which is what they are accusing you of)
            If you told them you were the main driver, they should accept that.
            If there is later a claim and they can PROVE your son was the main driver, they could then void the policy.

Did they tell you what this "new law" is? Title of the Act and section please?
            It is in fact a practice known as "fronting", and is done to take advantage of lower premiums available to older experienced drivers.
            It is not a "new law", its fraud!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X