• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell Vodafone - wrong address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Vodafone - wrong address

Hi All.

Please could I have some advice on this?

Recently had a letter from Lowell Solicitors stating that failure to respond would result in a CCJ.

With costs this comes to over £900 and don't believe I've ever had this sort of money owing to Vodafone - although I had some contact with them some years back 3-4 years ago.

I'm not in a position to pay anything like this amount and wondered where I start.

Also Lowell has sent to this to an incorrect address - post code is correct though so it was a bit of luck that I received this.

Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell Vodafone - wrong address

So have you not received the pre-ceeding court claim ? or is this an LBA ? Might be worth uploading a redacted copy of the letter actually just to be sure.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't recall seeing anything much from Lowell.

It's a "letter of claim" from Lowell Solicitors threatening a CCJ if no response.

I'll see if I can upload this.

Comment

Ok, we have had a few letters where they threaten a default judgment / CCJ after having issued a court claim, so just checking that a court claim hadn't been issued and not been so lucky with the postman. If this is threatening to take court action you should be fine to treat it as an LBA, but of course it's usually best to see the letter directly to double check
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hope this works!
          http://

Comment

Okay cool, just me being paranoid then Nice to see they think ahead then, they haven't even filed a claim and are threatening bailiffs and AoE ... grrrr.

Okey dokey, so this is a Vodafone account - History/background wise - do you recall what contact you had with them 3/4 yrs ago, any idea when the contract ended / you stopped payments ? Was it just an account for airtime/data etc or was there a credit agreement for a handset in there too ?

What sort of amount do you think was left owing ?

Might be worth sending a Subject Access Request Letter to Vodafone to find out how the amount got ramped up to £900. If you went into say an 18 month contract and only paid for 2 months that'd have been around £50 a month contract - so any idea how much your contract was monthly ?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think it was up to £50 a month - things were going better then but business fell flat and I think I was around 3-4 months in arrears before disconnected. No way it was almost £800 plus costs.

I sent a couple of emails to Lowell in 2014 as they were bombarding my business number with calls and they stopped after this. I had contact with Vodafone collections beginning of 2013 and can see that an "initial payment" was made to them in 2011 through bank.

Will send a Subject Access Request to Vodafone. Just concerned that they will start the CCJ before this is sorted - my response to Lowell is already late as received post late too and having the right address helps!

Thanks for your help!

Comment

If they do you can stall / defend it xx

If it was an 18 month contract then if you defaulted after 3/4 months then you may have been liable to Pay the full 18 months worth ... which is why you need a copy of the terms and original contract and why they will have to provide it as evidence if they want to win against you in court.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi MBA,

As there's a dispute over the amount owed, I'm happy to look into this to check what the correct balance is.

So I can access the account in question, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
                  I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Sorry this has taken so long and sorry Lee just seen your post. Unfortunately, I didn't send the Subject Access Request to Vodafone - I really thought Lowell were just reaching. Current situation is Lowell has sent me a County Court Claim form for almost £1000 from Vodafone - for a service I did not receive. Lowell sent the form to a neighbours address, who was on holiday, so I received this really late. I've contacted Vodafone 3 times and 3 different replies as to how they arrived at a figure of over £700. They have asked me to go to a Vodafone store to access records and contract - I asked which one and they've said any! One thing I'm clear on is that Vodafone did not send me termination etc notice to my old address - it is incorrect on their records and I must admit I hadn't noticed this - they admitted to sending the paperwork to this address. I now have a matter of days to ask for a 14 day extension - to do this it asks whether I want to contest all or part of the claim - I'm not sure yet. Been on to Business debt line as no chance of paying this. Any advice would be much appreciated and acted on this time! Best wishes.Â*

Comment

Hi MBA,

Thanks for returning to the thread.

If you'd like me to check the account, you're still welcome to email me via the contact details provided in post nine.

In regards to the court claim, I'm sure other members will be along soon to provide you with the relevant guidance.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Hi Lee, I sent details yesterday - could you take a look at these please?

Comment

Hi MBA,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X