• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Horts Lettings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Horts Lettings

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
    Because the amount is for £20,950 what would happen at the small claims court would this be processed to fast track and what would happen if I lost this would I have to pay anything hopefully I want to win the case.
    A claim of over £20k would be allocated to the Fast Track where the loser would expect to pay the winner's legal costs (to be agreed or assessed).

Does any of that £20k rent you intend to claim include payments you received from Housing Benefit during your occupation?

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
    One issue being that some of the rent had been paid by Housing Benefit so any compensation you receive would have to be repaid to them (by you).
    see my post # 4

Di

Comment

To be honest I'll put in for mediation also and go for it see what happens, I did have alot of problems with the flat.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
        To be honest I'll put in for mediation also and go for it see what happens.
        The court service doesn't provide free Mediation for Fast Track claims.

It's only available in the Small Claims Court (disputed sum under £10k).

Di

Comment

If I am on a low income then they cannot expect me to pay if I lose is there any help with the costs?

Comment

I don't believe that legal aid is available for civil claims

It really might help if you could answer this simple question that Di asked you many times

Was any of the rent you want to reclaim paid for by Housing benefit - if it was you would have to repay it to HB.

If you lost and had to pay costs, low income or not they could issue a statutory demand and make you bankrupt

Sorry if all that sounds harsh but I do think you are barking up the wrong tree

Comment

Is there much I can for the problems that have happened can I claim any compensation for the curtains not being put up the rail being ripped down, I could make a complaint to the window company, is there anything I could get back cheers for the advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X